2008 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Review: Handy

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Handy
By Dad on

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 14K on my Ridgeline RTX. Thus far the swing out tailgate latch and the rear seat vent have broken. Otherwise OK. I have towed boats and trailers with no problems. Brakes work well while towing but fuel mileage drops to 10 MPG or less. Shifts a lot even without a trailer - very annoying. I think the engine could handle it if the tranny would wait to drop out of high gear. I noticed torque steer when passing, it surprised me and made me swerve. Trunk is awesome. Drives and parks like a car. Fuel mileage is only so-so. Averaging 17-18 and 19-20 on hwy. Functionally the truck is great. It's kind of ugly and my buddies make lots of fun but it's really practical and does what I need it to do.

Trunk is GREAT! Under rear seat storage, cold A/C, smooth engine, good brakes, Michelins, great in the rain, bed hooks work well with tie downs.

Transmission shifts WAY TOO MUCH. Cabin is not as quiet as it could be, weird shift action from park to drive- I have to look to be sure I'm in drive, seats stain EASILY, rear seat belt receivers hard to reach with child seats. Seats not as comfortable as my F-150