Used 2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Right Choice
By Robert Clark

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After looking at vehicles for two years, I made the decision to buy a Ridgeline over a Toyota Tacoma. I have been delighted with all aspects of the truck with the exception of the mileage. Although it is not horrible, I would really like to see 25 mpg on the highway. The design features are well thought out and everything is easy to use. Ride comfort is outstanding, although cabin noise could be less. I went to a different tire and noise dropped, but body insulation improvement needs to be worked on by Honda engineers. I take long trips and also used the truck on a rugged ranch and have no complaints. Online forums often mention the easily scratched bedliner, and this is a problem.

Ride comfort and interior layout; inbed trunk.

Cabin road noise; bedliner integrity; gas mileage.

To Pull My Harley
By HARLEYGURL

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked for a truck for 2 months. From Chevy Avalanche, Silverado, to a Tundra. I didn't think about the Ridgeline, I always said it was a woman's truck as well as it didn't look good. Well after test driving and comparing prices for what I was looking for in a truck the truck I thought was unattractive was what I bought. I love it and it looks good. I traded a Mercedes Benz ML SUV for my Ridgeline, to pull my Harley. I've gotten so many compliments on my brand new 2008 White Honda Ridgeline. Go Honda. Oh yeah ladies men love the truck too!

Sunroof, Trunk ( especially the truck it takes 6 bags of ice and load up your favorite beverages and get the party started), back sliding window and roominess. 2 way tailgate door

Truck is perfect as is

Even better than Expected!
By Michael

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Wife and I bought this because our 2003 Sonoma extended cab proved too small for our needs. After looking at a number of offerings, and both of us DRIVING them, the Ridgeline stood out as the best handling, and it had a trunk! Add the stylish and very comfortable interior, two way tailgate, AWD,and HONDA reliability, it was a no brainer. After 15,000 miles, 3 synthetic oil changes and a K&N filter...19.4 in town, 25.5 highway (spirited driving). Prior to these changes, we got 15.2 in mixed driving. You will use the trunk more than you think. Go give it a look, a drive and with end of year pricing a great deal too.

Leather interior with supportive seats, HUGE Trunk locks and seals, 2 way tailgate, protected Spare tire,room for ADULTS front and rear, excellent handling, and performance, value for dollar spent.

Would like a 6 speed transmission, a bit better gas mileage, 8 way power seats for both front seats.

Not Bad
By Trucker

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this truck(sort of) in May. I have 10K miles. This truck is easy to drive with great brakes and a nice suspension. It tows my bass boat and 14' trailer with no problems except for frequent shifting. One annoying thing is that the truck routinely shifts out of top gear on the highway even without a trailer. Engine could use more low end to reduce shifts. Great upper end power. Seats seem to stain easily. Interior storage is nice. Have noticed some torque steer trying to pass. This truck is really handy and practical. Other vehicle is a 2005 F150. Ridgeline is easier to drive and park. Only reason for F150 is hauling horses. Overall it is a great truck that can handle almost everything.

Trunk, power rear window, cabin space, Michelins, handling, brakes, cold AC, overall functionality. Tows better than I thought

More low end to reduce shifting, this truck is ugly-different wheels would help, fuel economy is improving (17- 18mpg avg.) but not as good as I hoped (I live in a hilly area though). Tailgate swing out latch broke. Weird shift lever-can't tell if it's in gear, Seats are hard, cloth interior stains.

Superb truck
By jgonzalez

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck to replace a 2002 Ford Ranger. I am very pleased with my purchase. The truck rides like a car, has lots of interior room and I really like the "trunk". Honda definitively builds quality vehicles.

Interior comfort; ride; trunk

Gas mileage. I suppose this will improve after some time. Also, it is impossible to see behind the truck.