2008 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:
Fantastic Truck
By Jedi on 04/06/08 15:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is a fantastic value with the current Honda marketing program. This is my first Honda and I am very impressed with the product, they really thought outside the box when they designed this truck.

Truck that rides like a car
By Mike on 04/03/08 09:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have always been a truck owner and have never been a fan of foreign made trucks. With gas prices on the rise and every year fewer and fewer trips to Home Depot for home and yard repair, I started looking at something more economic. I did all of my homework because I needed a crew cab for my family. I went with the Honda because it offered more for my money. It was about 5000 cheaper than the Toyota, it has a high resale value, better gas economy, cheaper insurance, and was more comfortable. I also would note that I do not haul trailers, boats, etc... for the average Joe this is a vehicle that is family friendly, rides like a car, and looks like a truck!!!

2nd Time Ridgeline Owner
By Honda good, GM bad on 03/29/08 19:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Due to my previous Ridgeline being totaled in an accident I had to go and buy a new vehicle. An easy choice..another Ridgeline. I upgraded to the RTL with navigation. Honda was (maybe still is) having a $3500.00 cash back on new ones. I was able to upgrade from a 2 year old RTS for only 1K more. If you haven't driven one, due yourself a favor and try it before you go and buy another GM clunker. Compare the fit & finish, quality of materials, and the drivetrain refinement. I use a Chevy Silverado for a work vehicle that has a 6 cylinder in it. No comparison! The Chevy revs high and sounds like its going to explode. Chevy also makes the cheapest looking dashboards with hard plastics. Go Honda!

A Great Truck
By David on 03/26/08 13:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this truck for about a month. I get a lot of positive comments when people see the truck. My truck is silver with the RTX package. The gray painted alloy wheels look great. We had 20 inches of snow here in Ohio a couple weeks ago and I didn't have any problems getting around town in this truck. I would recommend this truck to anyone. Great looking truck and drives even better!!

"Great Running truck"
By Mike on 03/25/08 10:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned several trucks, and none compare to the Honda Ridgeline it is a smooth riding truck. It has a car like feel but still has the performance of a full size truck. I can have my family in the truck and still haul everything else.

So far, So Good
By RS on 03/18/08 12:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Sold my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac and bought the Honda Ridgeline. I've had the Ridgeline for almost 1 month and am not disappointed. It has the quality that I expect from Honda. (My 2001 Ford Sport Trac failed in comparison to the Ridgeline with respect to quality, roominess, comfort, design, handling & 4wd performance). We got a six inch snow the day that I bought the Ridgeline. The 4WD with vehicle stability assist (VSA) is an excellent performer. I took the Ridgeline to an empty lot and tried to get it to fish-tail or spin-out. It didn't....good engineering.

Perfect Retirement Vehicle
By Apexshot on 03/16/08 19:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this vehicle as our last retirement vehicle. We needed a light duty pickup that has a 5000 lb. towing limit. I am 55 years old and wanted to be able tow our sports car around to shows and races. My bride had a few things that she wanted for her 1) comfort 2) passenger ability 3) resale 4) durability. So far we got it all from Honda Ridgeline

Can't beat it
By thebigv21 on 03/11/08 08:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned practically everything over the last few years, not being able to be satisfied. I owned trucks (Frontier, Tacoma), cars (Forester, Matrix), and have finally settled on a Ridgeline. I chose the base model and is has plenty of equipment. I am one who likes vehicles loaded. This one is not loaded, but for a truck is equipped well enough for me. The ride is the best part. It rides like a car and is extremely quiet inside. My wife loves it in the snow. We had some snow in PA and she bragged about how she was in the passing lane while 4X4 full sized trucks were fishtailing in the slow lane. I chose the base model to try it. Now that I have one, the next time, I will go up.

Love my Ridge
By LD on 02/14/08 10:18 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's the perfect vehicle, it's fun, rugged, roomy, luxurious, versitle, comfy, and reliable. What more could you ask of a midsize truck? It also has a class leading payload of 1550.lbs, it can tow 5000.lbs w/500lb toung. I'm sold on the Ridgeline for life. The engine, transmission and drivetrain are as refined as they come. No vibration, shifts are silky smooth which you rarely feel. The only time I will get rid of my Ridge is when they redesign it with a V-8. A lot of people out there are really missing out on a great truck. If you're in the market for a midsize truck don't follow the sterio types opinions of what a truck should be you be the judge and test drive it, you will love it

What an amazing truck!!
By jim on 01/14/08 10:06 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

How does Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc. still sell any trucks? I find it hard to believe. I have had them all and this Ridgeline is by far the best of the group. It can only tow about 6000 pounds, but that is not my primary use. It has been getting 21-22 hwy, 18ish mixed and 15-17 around town in pure stop-go traffic. Every time I drive it, I like it even more. The things they think of and incorporated in this vehicle are amazing. I wondered in the beginning why they made some things the way they did, and over time, everything makes perfect sense. The 4x4 system and stability control are second to none, it rides like a car and it is Honda quality. Enough said. Highly recommended

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.