2008 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:
My Test Drive of the 2008 Ridgeline RTS
By Tim on 06/14/08 07:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first time to drive a Ridgeline. A very nice truck and easy to get in and out of and my wife who is 5'1" tall had no difficulty stepping up and out of the truck. She said no running boards required for this truck. The truck is very quite and the engine is smooth. Didn't quite have the get up and go as my 2005 Honda Accord which has a 4 cylinder but still adequate power. The fuel economy is rated 15 mph for city and 20 mph for highway. The salesman said the one that he had he averaged about 24 mph highway. Whether that is true or not I don't know. The cornering ability was impressive. Overall I think it's a very nice truck and I might just buy one if the price is right.

Ridgeline
By Dennis on 06/04/08 05:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice crossover for a compact truck. Trunk is a nice but if you put a cover over the back you can only open trunk 75% not so good. accessories pricey.

Love it - despite the gas mileage
By Scott King on 06/03/08 16:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a 2008 Ridgeline and love it. We actually were looking at replacing our 2005 CR-V with a new one, but discovered we could get the Ridgeline at a much cheaper lease rate. After considering the gas mileage, we went for it and don't regret it. This truck is fantastic, great ride, excellent interior design and the trunk below the box is wonderful. We have used it to haul items from Lowe's and bring other things to the dump and forgot how nice it was to have a truck. If you are not commuting long distances to work and want a nice work truck with style, this is for you.

Not another cheap copy
By irongod21 on 05/22/08 13:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love love love my ridge. A solid frame and body construction can you say stronger than yours the avalanche doesn't compare I've driven both and that Honda is the better I've only got 300 mi on mine and I'm getting 14.7 mpg in town that beats out most trucks after the break in period I love the exterior looks and it is extremely comfortable I bought the bottom of the line to save $$$ how many trucks out there have all the engineering and safety features on the bottom trim level that they have on the top Honda

Finally got my Honda truck
By Michelle on 05/20/08 05:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I always said, "If Honda would just make a truck." Up until now, we had another make and no reason to get a new one. However, with the great deals around, we just had to trade in the 3 year old Tacoma. We use our truck basically to take trash to the dump and, occasionally, to get building supplies. We were pleased with the comfort and great ride in the Base RT model, and, since it's not our regular car, decided to get it. I LOVE THIS TRUCK...best we have ever owned. As a Honda/Acura loyal family, we finally got the truck we wanted, too!

I love it!!
By newlife08 on 05/19/08 21:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In 1992 I drove a brand new GMC straight off the lot, 1st new truck ever bought, ended up with 273,588 miles when I sold it, clean as a whistle, best truck I ever bought. Did a lot of home work and decided to buy the Ridegline, best decision I ever made. I love it, parallel parks like a dream, will tow everything I need as I plan to a small trailer for my dog & I to hit the road feeling very safe and secure in the fact that what could be better than a Honda?? I haven't even got a oil change yet! Plus it's SO SASSY! The dealer was great service was stellar and I Love IT, better than ever.

Best truck I've owned
By 2008 Honda on 04/30/08 17:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this truck for 3 months and I can honestly say this is the best truck I've owned!! I've mostly had Ford trucks and I can tell you the ride and quality is great. I owned a F-150 for 4 months prior to the Ridgeline and I wish I hadn't. I'm about as "American Pie" as they come but if only the big American Truck companies put a better product, I would have one. Especially, w/gas prices and economy!

Love my Ridgeline
By Cliff on 04/24/08 18:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Never happier with an auto purchase. Love the truck. Able to take a family of 4 on an 10 hour holiday trip with gifts and luggage. With car top carrier we had the same amount of gear that I would fit into an Odyssey.

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL with NAV
By larry on 04/15/08 07:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

You have to drive this truck to truly appreciate it. It's economical for a truck with all wheel drive yet feels more sturdy and rugged than other crew cabs such as the Colorado and Frontier. The leather seats are very comfortable with adjustable lumbar. Sticker was 36,002, invoice was 32,401 and I got mine for 28,285. That did not even count the 7,000 trade in I got. I'm moving to Oregon next month so we'll see how it does in the snow. They are great trucks and now at unbeatable prices.

RTL Vs Tacoma
By Jack Lewis on 04/14/08 20:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Only had my RTL for about a week, but it was a good choice. I drove a 2004 Tacoma, 4 door, Pre-runner, V6 (3.4)2 wheel drive. I read from some that the RTL has a large turning radius. Every try to turn a Taco around on a regular street? Can you say 3 pointer!! The Taco was a great truck, reliable, rock solid, but it no creature comforts standard. Manual seats, absolutely no storage in the cab, cramped rear seats, a crappy ride and over all cramped feeling, wimpy A/C and expensive to maintain. The Taco also got 17 MPG, uphill, downhill, city and hi-way! The Ridgeline beats the Taco in all areas, hand down. Plus it's cheaper from the get-go. Honda got it right! Ford/GM not even close!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.