Used 2008 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Satisfied Owner So Far
By shackm

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a former owner of Dodge, Ford, Nissan, and Toyota Trucks. Friends and family tried to steer me towards purchasing a new (08 or 09) Chevy/GM Truck with their current low prices. I drove and tried to make a deal on both GM products along with a new F-150, but the sales folks couldn't quite get me to where I wanted to be. The first time I test drove a Ridgeline, I knew this was the vehicle for me. I don't require the services of a full size truck, so the Honda is the perfect fit for me. I recently took my truck on a road trip consisting of 2,000 miles through rain, sleet and snow over mountains, and through major metro areas. It handled great in the snow! Averaged 19 MPG/Hwy.

Roomy cabin, comfortable seats, in-bed trunk. Handles great in inclement weather. The V-6 feels as strong as many of the small V-8 trucks I have had in the past.

Improve visibility. A telescopic steering wheel would be nice too!

Five Years to Write this Review
By lik2bik

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wow! So much to say, so little space. I have been looking and researching this segment for nearly five years. I really wanted a Tacoma, but even with the low car sales plaguing the industry, Toyota didn't want to play. Honda immediately offered me an incredible deal on this 08 RTS that I didn't need any more incentive- I snatched it up. This is an incredibly smart truck- all space is usable; seats are comfortable, even in the back where I was concerned most because this often overlooked space is easiest to get cheapest attention (Chevy Colorado). Absolutely the smartest design in this category (if you're looking for heavy hauling, look to full size trucks); fits me like a glove. LUV IT!

Pure genius in their design. Every nook and cranny wisely used; more comfortable than any other truck in this class; I can see just fine out all windows; only tuck in this class with a three headrests in the back; three fit comfortably in the back- try that with some of the others (Dodge excluded)

Add lights to dash compartments (ash tray); add 12v outlet that stays on without the key; maybe some more horsepower for the vehicle's weight, but not necessary; minor cabin road noise; gear shift lever a bit awkward- I have found myself shifting into 2nd instead of D- duh on my part.

Great Truck
By Honda08

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Dodge Dakota, Ford F-150, and Chevy, none compare to the Ridgeline. This is a great truck it rides great no problems. 247 hp engine plenty of power, very nice.

In bed "trunk", lots of storage, rides great.

Gas mileage is only as good as other trucks. I'd like to see Honda lead in that area as well.

Solid Little Truck
By Doctor Mac

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I downsized from a Suburban. I really liked the Chevy (it was nearly flawless), but I got hosed on the resale value. The Honda rides well and seems to be reasonable with regard to fuel economy. I do think Honda could improve a few things. The HomeLink buttons are not lighted & can be tough to find at night. Fog-lights should certainly be standard on the RTL. The front passenger seat is heated, but only the bottom cushion "due to the side-impact airbags"?? Attention Honda: Other manufacturers have figured that out. Give them a call. Also, the stereo is good, but not the equal of that in the top-of-the line Pilot. Honda: truckers like to rock on too. All in all a good vehicle for the $!

Smooth & efficient V6. Lots of storage. Kind of ugly-different. Reliability and resale should be very good. Ventilation with the sunroof & back windshield open.

See above

Wrecked when new!
By Ephman

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at GMC & Ford but went with R'line for Honda quality. With 8000 on the odo, wife was run off the road and into a tree by teenaged driver. Bags didn't deploy, and no one was hurt but $15,000 in front end (including frame) damages later, local dealer's body shop did a superb job getting R'line back on the road. Will have to drive it into the ground now, since it has little trade-in value but seems to be back at 100% Have had to replace navi and a heated seat control both under warranty, unusual reliability for a Honda. Very comfortable front seats in which to drive, especially on highway trips. Rear seat not comfortable for my teenagers and fuel economy no better than a GMC 1500.

Comfort, functional bed and trunk, sound system, heated leather seats, towing, navi system, unusual looks

Fuel economy, more horsepower and torque (grunt), outside visibility, and, hey, maybe a hybrid?