2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:
Ridgeline RTS
By D Benton on 07/14/08 11:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is an excellent truck. It is fun to drive, built very well and Honda as a company has been very proactive to survey me. I love it!

2008 RTL
By MBB on 07/04/08 00:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Ridgeline is turning out to be a near perfect vehicle for me. I'm a salesman, driving about 50K yearly, so my vehicle needs to be comfortable as well as practical. The Ridgeline's innovative trunk swallows up a couple of big plastic tubs full of catalogs, plus I can still get a garment bag flat on top of the tubs and get the lid closed, so that works great! Plus, my golf clubs fit perfectly under the back seat. So, for a full week of travel, everything I need either goes in the trunk or under the back seat other than my briefcase with laptop, which I don't trust to anything other than the back seat.

ctp
By ctp on 07/02/08 09:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The truck performed well on the beach, the deep sand was handled easily. I have not taken any long trips, but it is comfortable around town. The general handling is good. The fuel mileage is a big letdown. I average 13.7 MPG over all. My sport trac got better mileage.

Want a "Truck"
By Sooners71 on 07/01/08 12:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Drives like a car and has many useful functions like trailering, hauling,and the built in ice chest. I have no issues with the driving view at all. I'm 6 feet tall. The seats adjust back and forth and up and down. There's plenty of storage and it is going to be GREAT for a newborn. It has been on the sandy beaches in Florida with no problems. It laughs at soft sand. The VTM4 works great. I had not notice any issue trailing a 18 ft Sea Ray Bowrider. This is the perfect "truck" for the urbanites. People should not be comparing the mpg versus the former Honda cars (Accord). Comparing apples to oranges. For a TRUCK, it gets above average mpg.

Month 1
By Tucson Dave on 06/30/08 23:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just getting through the first couple of tanks of gas. The mileage is very respectable in comparison to other trucks in the same category. This is a domesticated truck with a lot of refinement that a work truck would not necessarily have. If you have an occasional need for a truck then this is your vehicle. If you are in need of heavy towing and off road capabilities this will probable not fill your needs. But be serious about how deep into the wilderness you go and you will probable come to the conclusion this truck will meet your needs 95% of the time. A great time to buy with incentives, fear of gas prices and oversupply that probable will not exist next year.

This is a great truck!
By Christopher on 06/24/08 19:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased my 2008 Ridgeline RTX and even though I am not a truck/SUV guy, I truly love this vehicle! It has a great ride and handles beautifully. Part of my commute is through steep mountain passes, and this 4500 lb. truck handles like a 4 door sedan. It is a remarkable trait for a vehicle of this size and weight to be so nimble. There are lots of creative features that make this truck really unique, including the flip-up rear seats, lockable bed trunk, and useful center console and sliding armrest. I just filled up today and averaged 20 MPG including a steep commute but little city driving. I ordered a tonneau cover to hopefully increase MPG. Overall, a very satisfying purchase!

Great vehicle for the family
By Sparkland on 06/24/08 09:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my 2008 Ridgeline for about 3 months now and appreciate it more than ever. It is a great vehicle for the family--lots of room for people and cargo. The storage is substantial. The swing out tail gate makes it much easier to reach the load in the bed. Rear seating is more comfortable than the competition. The MSRP is expensive, but the discounts make it affordable. Fuel economy is normal for a 4X4 truck. I am consistently getting 17 mpg in daily city driving. Very nice vehicle for a combination of uses.

Highly Recommended!
By Louis on 06/17/08 20:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recommend the Honda Ridgeline to anyone looking for a nice 'Truck'. It rides and handles like car, but it is a truck. Great in the snow! The gas mileage will remind you that it is still a truck, but it is better than most trucks out there! I am getting about 18-20 mpg, compared to 11-12 on the Durango that I previously owned. I don't have as much power, but I don't need all of that anyway, especially with $4/gallon gas! I am very happy with my purchase, and I anticipate that Honda may change the styling a bit by the time my 36 month lease ends. I definitely plan to purchase another one!

BestTruck For A Country Boy In The City
By thedirector62 on 06/17/08 09:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck after wrecking my RX8. My wife said I needed something safer. I was pleased with the ride quality and build quality of the Ridge. This vehicle is very versatile and handles great in poor weather conditions. Actually when it iced and snowed here (doesn't snow much in Texas), the truck handled like it was on regular pavement. Also handles great in a pasture and some moderate muddy conditions. Just a good versatile overall vehicle.

My Test Drive of the 2008 Ridgeline RTS
By Tim on 06/14/08 07:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first time to drive a Ridgeline. A very nice truck and easy to get in and out of and my wife who is 5'1" tall had no difficulty stepping up and out of the truck. She said no running boards required for this truck. The truck is very quite and the engine is smooth. Didn't quite have the get up and go as my 2005 Honda Accord which has a 4 cylinder but still adequate power. The fuel economy is rated 15 mph for city and 20 mph for highway. The salesman said the one that he had he averaged about 24 mph highway. Whether that is true or not I don't know. The cornering ability was impressive. Overall I think it's a very nice truck and I might just buy one if the price is right.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew-cab in WA is:

$130 per month*