Used 2008 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Ridgeline

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

First "New" Truck
By Tom Moran

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall experience has been great. I use my truck as my daily driver throughout Minnesota winters and most of the summer. Handling and ride are excellent for a truck, my previous truck was a GMC Sierra and the Honda is better in pretty much every respect other than raw power and towing capacity. Interior design is highly functional but a little drab and goofy in some respects such as the cartoon large interior door pulls. I have towed a race car on a open trailer (near 5000 lbs. total) hundred of miles with no problems and the truck has plenty of pulling power and stability as a tow vehicle. The bed is pure genius not only for the truck but also for the full 48" width.

Interior storage compartments, exterior styling grows on you, bed tie downs and size and in bed trunk. Overall interior layout, mileage and ride quality.

Interior styling, more towing capacity, better stereo.

Great family truck
By medicalminds

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our truck for about 6 mo and it is great. It is amazing on the snow. My wife is from the south and hates driving our Lexus in the snow but does great with this truck. It handles and rides better than any other truck I test drove (Tundra, Tacoma, F150, Frontier etc.) and it gets reasonable mileage for a truck. It has good acceleration and the inbed storage trunk is a stroke of genius. We are very happy with our truck and would highly recc it to others.

Handling and ride on the road is better than any other truck. Driving in snow and rain is awesome. Interior and inbed storage are very useful for regular life stuff.

If they could give it a tighter turning radius.

Excellent Vehicle
By JohnSoCal

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Honda Accords for the past 27 years. Last year I bought a new 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL. I loved the Accords but the Ridgeline is the best of all. I is another superior vehicle which Honda always provides.

In-bed trunk, styling, flat floor bed, comfort, luxury amenities, etc.

Make it easier to see what gear the transmission is at.

Best of both worlds
By Truckguy

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my Ford truck and my Dodge Durango thinking I could get the best of both worlds with the Ridgeline. During the first 1K miles, so far so good with the exception of mileage. The Ridgeline handles great, the AWD grips fine in inclement weather and the interior is comfortable. The storage spaces are very well designed from the sunglass holder to the pull forward center console that reveals additional CD storage to under seat storage in the rear. In terms of complaints, the navi system is not worth the extra money. My $200 Garmin is easier to use, gives more detailed directions and displays the speed limits which is great on unfamiliar roads. Save the $2K and skip it!

Huge in bed trunk (really overall storage design in vehicle), dual position bed extender, heated seats/mirrors.

Remove huge/ugly grips around the front door handles-detract from otherwise nice interior. Stereo & navi nice but... My $200 Garmin has features that are missed like speed limit display which is very helpful on unfamiliar roads. No artist/title display on stereo in top Honda trim - disappointing!

Excellent decision to buy!
By Daniel

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Former 04 Nissan Titan, considering Toy Tundra, but this was more practical. Cheaper, what a deal!, Fun to drive, gave me more space in the garage. Now well have more fun, distance to cover at lower cost.

18.24 mpg on first half tank, automatic 4x4! lots of space inside and back, lockable trunk, two way to open back door, instruments layout, power back window, smoooooth ride for a truck, folding back seat. The whole family loves this truck.

Rear view mirror auto dim light and compass would be great.