Used 2008 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Great Truck
By Richard Bell

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck three weeks ago and I love it! It handles and looks great. I like the it drives and the smooth ride, more like a car than a pickup.

The interior setup and trunk in the bed (great idea). I also love the radio in this truck, sounds great! The cloth is made of top quality material and the color (brown) want show dirt easily.

Telescoping steering wheel and the MPG could be better.

One great vehicle!
By Chris

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had this one year and nearly 15000 miles. This has been all I had expected and more. It drives more like a car than a truck, and yet is incredibly spacious and has lots of novel features. It is wide enough to put a mountain bike inside the back (putting the seats up) without having to take off the front wheel. You can comfortably sit 3 across the back, or fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the bed. A lot has been written about this truck, so I really will only add that I am more impressed with this truck after owning it for a year than I was when I first bought it! The only negative I can think of is the gas mileage is mediocre. I average 17, but have gotten as high as 22 on the highway.

Size, handling, comfort, versatility, Honda quality.

Plastic on door handles is a bit much. Fog lights should be standard.

First "New" Truck
By Tom Moran

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall experience has been great. I use my truck as my daily driver throughout Minnesota winters and most of the summer. Handling and ride are excellent for a truck, my previous truck was a GMC Sierra and the Honda is better in pretty much every respect other than raw power and towing capacity. Interior design is highly functional but a little drab and goofy in some respects such as the cartoon large interior door pulls. I have towed a race car on a open trailer (near 5000 lbs. total) hundred of miles with no problems and the truck has plenty of pulling power and stability as a tow vehicle. The bed is pure genius not only for the truck but also for the full 48" width.

Interior storage compartments, exterior styling grows on you, bed tie downs and size and in bed trunk. Overall interior layout, mileage and ride quality.

Interior styling, more towing capacity, better stereo.

Great family truck
By medicalminds

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our truck for about 6 mo and it is great. It is amazing on the snow. My wife is from the south and hates driving our Lexus in the snow but does great with this truck. It handles and rides better than any other truck I test drove (Tundra, Tacoma, F150, Frontier etc.) and it gets reasonable mileage for a truck. It has good acceleration and the inbed storage trunk is a stroke of genius. We are very happy with our truck and would highly recc it to others.

Handling and ride on the road is better than any other truck. Driving in snow and rain is awesome. Interior and inbed storage are very useful for regular life stuff.

If they could give it a tighter turning radius.

Excellent Vehicle
By JohnSoCal

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Honda Accords for the past 27 years. Last year I bought a new 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL. I loved the Accords but the Ridgeline is the best of all. I is another superior vehicle which Honda always provides.

In-bed trunk, styling, flat floor bed, comfort, luxury amenities, etc.

Make it easier to see what gear the transmission is at.