2008 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:
2008 Ridgeline RTS
By Mike on 08/28/08 13:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Truly enjoy this truck! Was looking at a Tacoma, but decided on this for the price and the trunk inside the bed, which justified getting a truck with 2 small children.

US carmakers take note!
By Andy on 08/21/08 22:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So my 1999 Chevy Blazer goes down with a broken crankshaft, which is funny cause I just about replaced everything else on it. Well I really can't complain 200,000 miles later. So a friend turns me on to the Ridgeline. Since the first test drive I still wonder why people buy Chevy and Ford. The Ridgeline offers a comfortable smooth car-like ride while keeping the power and durability of a truck. A wider wheelbase and higher elevation makes driving easier with better sight of the road and amazing handling. No blind spots and sweet take off power.

Better than first impressions
By Flooded Kiwi on 08/19/08 11:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Found the Ridgeline does not stand out out in any one area, however it does do everything very well. Performance is Ok if you get on it hard enough; there is just a ton of storage room (more than it looks; 15 in the city and 19 on the highway and it seems to be getting better. I have 4000 miles on it now and no problems. Some rattles and squeaks from the front dash corners by the windscreen where the speakers are which will be repaired at its first service. I am liking my ridgeline more and more as I drive it. Under the back seat fits my golf bag with the seats down:)I would recommend this vehicle to anyone with realistic expectations

We love this truck!
By RBD on 08/18/08 15:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had this truck for a little over four months now. There is not much not to love about it. We have three kids that ride in the back. There is more leg room than other comparable size trucks and the under seat storage is great. We have towed our camper with absolutely no problems. As a matter of fact, it is hard to tell we're towing something, it rides so smooth and strong. It is a classy vehicle to drive and does turn heads.

Great Except for Fuel Economy
By Mike on 08/14/08 06:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is superior in almost every way except for fuel economy. Operating cost for gas alone takes away the other cost savings of ownership.

Best I've ever bought
By Mike on 08/10/08 07:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When replacing a Ford Ranger I looked into the Colorado, Dakota and Tacoma. Thought the Ridgeline was out of my price range. After not getting what I wanted in the above three, I went to the Honda dealership. Boy am I glad I did. The purchase price (cash, no trade- in) was a grand less than the Tacoma. I've had it for 8 months now and am completely satisfied. It's still fun to drive. I take it to out-of town ASA tourneys all the time. It has plenty of interior room for the passengers and plenty of storage for the softball equipment. The ride is amazing. It's smoother than the wifes Accord. I'd recommend the Ridgeline to anyone.

Works In Northern Canada Too!
By Martin on 08/05/08 20:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We had always owned a Chev or GMC before in Northern BC Canada,it can be tough driving in the winter so we were concerned about moving away from the large size vehicle. However after our first 3 or 4 months we have nothing but good things to say about the vehicle and the service from Honda. Our other vehicle had always been a Toyota so it was nice to see good service at Honda as well. GMC and Especially Ford could learn a lot on how to service customers. Lastly if I was asked what weakness this truck had I would say that a more efficient diesel option would have been great. Driving Duramax diesels before exposed us to the benefits of that type of engine. Its been our best vehicle buy.

Ridgeline is ideal.
By Ken on 08/04/08 05:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm an IT Consultant and lug around a lot of technical tools. It's nice to be able to store them in the lockable, waterproof trunk. This frees up the cab for the dog and friends. Adequate power from the V6 and I really like its look. Black with standard gray interior. I also like the fact that it comes with a XM radio enabled stereo ready to activate.

Nice Ride
By RHH on 07/30/08 21:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a 2002 Silverado which I really liked. The Ridgeline fit my needs better and has proven to be an awesome vehicle for the family. It drives superb, handles better on icy/snowy roads than any vehicle I've ever driven, and is comfortable. It tows fine, and has handled light off-road travel well. Gas mileage has been exactly as advertised and better. I routinely get 16-17 in town in the winter and 17-19 in the summer. Highway mileage has been better than expected, almost always between 21-23 mpg. Fully loaded with 4 people and 500-600 lbs of camping gear, the truck averaged 22 mpg @ 65-70 mph in varied terrain. It's a little ugly, but I'd buy another today.

Great Truck at a Great Price
By mc7 on 07/19/08 05:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a truck guy, and I was dead set on buying a tundra or f-150 until gas crept up to $4/gallon. So I went to the Toyota dealership set on buying a Tacoma. But the dealership was rude and was not interested in negotiating. That was the best thing that ever happened because the ridge blows the taco away. It's everything I need in a truck plus more. It has the comfort and features of a nice SUV which is great for 90% percent of the driving I do, and the utility of a truck for the 10% of the time when I need it. Definite buy, I got it at the dealer's cost -4500 Honda incentive. (almost 10k off sticker price)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.