Used 2008 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Couldn't be happier
By VolzFan

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my ridgeline for 9 months now. Test drove the Tundra but wasn't about to drop $32k on something that didn't have all the options I wanted. The RTS model had everything I wanted and needed. Wife loves driving it and handles great in the Seattle area snow and year round rain!! Traded in my '05 Civic for this and couldn't be happier.

Stereo system is great! Steering wheel controls are great. In-bed trunk has been a god send!

Better gas mileage, heated mirrors on RTS model and rear defrost would be nice!

Good to Go
By righton

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, this is the best car/truck I have owned and driven for a person who has owned and driven 50 plus cars. It is practical in regard to doing a variety of things really well. It is very solid and safe with 5 star ratings. It tows well with an excellent tranny match. It has good off road ability in the sense that if you are not looking to get stuck you won't. It rides like a car. My only real complaint is that it is short on after market options.

Very Nice Vehicle.
By Thomas

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my RTX after coming out of a Honda Odyssey lease. I really enjoy the overall driving experience of this truck. It handles extremely well, drives smoothly and is comfortable inside. I love the in-bed trunk and the numerous storage areas inside the cab. The gas mileage is comparable to other mid-size 4x4 trucks, so I knew what I was getting into. The engine is powerful, but seems to strain just a little when trying to pass with a cab full of people or a load being towed. Love the way the back seats fold up so you can use the flat floor for storage. Don't pass up the Ridgeline because of looks, you will regret not test driving this vehicle when comparing the others trucks out there.

In-bed trunk, all four windows can go down using the key remote, lots of storage, fold up back seats, tailgate that swings out and folds down and sliding rear window. Full front/side airbags. Safety features.

Needs more horsepower/torque. Leather seat option on lower models. Improve gas mileage (Honda should be a leader in this category).

Not That Impressed
By Darryl

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first time ever buying (leasing) a import vehicle and so far I have not been that impressed. The Performance is good and it is fun to drive. Driving it in the snow is like a dream. It also tows my medium sized tent trailer very well but that is where the good stuff ends. I find the front seats are not comfortable on long drives and my back ends up very sore. My truck has been to two different dealerships a total of 7 times for tailgate issues and the problem is still not fixed correctly. After a year, the driver door seal wore out and had to be replaced. The paint is very soft and scratches very easily so I do not recommend a dark color (mine is a dark red).

The in bed trunk is very cool. My family and I (4) were able to store 4 bags in it for a week long road trip. If you really need space you can store the spare in the bed and get even more room.

Little more power. Not a big fan of the all wheel drive. Would be nice if it had a way to control it better.

Great Truck
By Richard Bell

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck three weeks ago and I love it! It handles and looks great. I like the it drives and the smooth ride, more like a car than a pickup.

The interior setup and trunk in the bed (great idea). I also love the radio in this truck, sounds great! The cloth is made of top quality material and the color (brown) want show dirt easily.

Telescoping steering wheel and the MPG could be better.