Used 2008 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Nice All around vehicle
By Charlie

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 3 yr Lease and will now buy out the lease at 19k and hopefully own for years to come. I like the Truck. Rides really well. Trunk is great. Fits golf clubs plus a folding chair. Inside is comfy. I wanted heated Seats,mirrors, a roof, so I went for the better model. No Nav. (would have liked it, but it seemed too much $$, when you can get a GPS for $125. or so.) The shifting you feel as you ride along is annoying. Glad I read others had an this issue, or I may not have purchased it out, as was not sure problem existed. I would have expected better mileage from a Honda product. It needs 5 mpgs more both city & highway. I don't drive enough to worry about it but...

Trunk. Heated Seats in the Northeast. Reliability. Comfortable ride for me wife and up to 3 teens. Electric window in the back and the Roof are great. Good for dump runs and small jobs. Not for a real work truck.

Trailer hitch s/be included for the $ your paying like most step toes. The heated mirrors and seats stay on even after you turn off the vehicle. So if you use them, you need to remember to turn them off. Bad idea. Reset them at ignition switch. Visibility as others noted is tough to switch lane.

Great truck
By TJH

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck because I needed something for 4 adults with light hauling capacity. Additionally, Hondas are very reliable and the build quality on this truck is amazing. I expect, like my 2000 Accord, it will run for a long time with out serious repairs. The handling and comfort are excellent in all weather. This truck will handle all road conditions with confidence. I recently took it off road through some very rugged trails near the ANF and it got me there and back with ease. It is big and heavy and you pay for that in gas mileage. I consistently get 20 mpg on the highway, however I don't mind as the view, safety and comfort while driving are worth it.

In bed trunk, bed tie downs, sliding electric rear window, the awesome stereo, quiet ride, flip up rear seats, very unique center console storage, ground clearance and its excellent driving ability.

The rear view out of the mirrors is not very good. You have to be very careful when changing lanes due to poor visibility. Outside sheet metal design. It is hard to keep clean and wax. The transmission shifts a lot due to low engine torque to weight ratio.

My experience
By robbie

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The interior on this vehicle is extremely easy to get stained. I had to purchase seat covers at over $300.00 to protect the interior.

the built in storage trunk in the bed of the truck

change the fabric used for the seats

Great Casual Truck
By drexadelphia

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm sad to see my Ridgeline lease come to an end. Never been in a truck that rode as smooth or quiet. It handled beautifully, too. Interior was spacious in the front and the back, plenty of room for 4 adults, and 5 if necessary. The rear seat swinging up came in handy. The inbed trunk is huge and was great for storing various items, including a golf bag. The only negative I can give this is that I live in Philadelphia and it got a little less than 15 mpg. It's the only reason I'm giving it up. When they come out with a hybrid, I'll be back :)

Big trunk in the bed, rear seats folding up, great ride for a truck

If you don't get XM (which i didn't), there's an odd little compartment they put in it's place between the radio and the A/C controls.

Love affair is over
By cheryl driscoll

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was so happy when I first brought home my ridgeline. The problems started when the first sleet and ice storm hit, when I was coming home from work that night at 10: pm I couldn't get the defroster to melt the ice off the windshield and had to pull over several times before I got home to scrape the window. My feet were freezing, mechanic said you can either have warm feet and not much windshield defrost or vise versa. Second problem, steering box under the left front wheel broke at about 7,000 miles. Next, the rear left lens cover let water in the tail light, and now, heat/ac completely gone at 26,000. I didnt realize I would become best friends with my mechanic. Toyota, I'm coming back!

Love the way it feels when I drive it. Lots of room for camping gear and a car seat for my little grandson who says he loves my truck. Can lift up half of the back seat so the dog can come with us. Really like the comfortable seats for me, that was why I bought it.

Better gas mileage! Better defrost/floor heat. I have to wear heavy winter boots and socks so I can see out the window in the winter.

• SUV