Used 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTX Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Great truck
By TJH

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck because I needed something for 4 adults with light hauling capacity. Additionally, Hondas are very reliable and the build quality on this truck is amazing. I expect, like my 2000 Accord, it will run for a long time with out serious repairs. The handling and comfort are excellent in all weather. This truck will handle all road conditions with confidence. I recently took it off road through some very rugged trails near the ANF and it got me there and back with ease. It is big and heavy and you pay for that in gas mileage. I consistently get 20 mpg on the highway, however I don't mind as the view, safety and comfort while driving are worth it.

In bed trunk, bed tie downs, sliding electric rear window, the awesome stereo, quiet ride, flip up rear seats, very unique center console storage, ground clearance and its excellent driving ability.

The rear view out of the mirrors is not very good. You have to be very careful when changing lanes due to poor visibility. Outside sheet metal design. It is hard to keep clean and wax. The transmission shifts a lot due to low engine torque to weight ratio.

My experience
By robbie

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The interior on this vehicle is extremely easy to get stained. I had to purchase seat covers at over $300.00 to protect the interior.

the built in storage trunk in the bed of the truck

change the fabric used for the seats

Great Casual Truck
By drexadelphia

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm sad to see my Ridgeline lease come to an end. Never been in a truck that rode as smooth or quiet. It handled beautifully, too. Interior was spacious in the front and the back, plenty of room for 4 adults, and 5 if necessary. The rear seat swinging up came in handy. The inbed trunk is huge and was great for storing various items, including a golf bag. The only negative I can give this is that I live in Philadelphia and it got a little less than 15 mpg. It's the only reason I'm giving it up. When they come out with a hybrid, I'll be back :)

Big trunk in the bed, rear seats folding up, great ride for a truck

If you don't get XM (which i didn't), there's an odd little compartment they put in it's place between the radio and the A/C controls.

Like Nothing Else, In a Great Way!
By travelindog

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased after 35,000 miles! Great in the snow and serves my hauling and occasional off road needs just great. I've owned Chevy, Dodge and Ford trucks, and this Ridge is the best vehicle I've owned, period. My hat's off to Honda engineers and designers who obviously had their hats on straight when they drew up this vehicle. Would suggest that anyone considering a light pickup truck take a look at this.

Overall design, bed trunk, sliding rear windows, fold-up rear seats, roomy, excellent interior layout all around, great handling, comfortable seats and ride, two way tailgate, easy to change oil, Honda quality all around

Improved rear visibility, lock on gate (can't believe they missed this), better mpg (about 18 mpg in town), maybe a small economical high mileage diesel

Whatta great truck!!!
By Rob

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A common theme seems to be praise of the in bed trunk... It is a life saver. It's one of those things that once you've had it... you CAN'T live without it. The AWD is awesome. We recently had a snow storm w/ 20". It was the first snow storm we've had since I owned the truck, and I couldn't believe how great the truck handled. I could not make the truck fishtail...even when I wanted it to. Snow aside... I thoroughly enjoy driving this vehicle year round, regardless of the weather. I can honestly say that the when I replace my Ridgeline... it will be with a Ridgeline!!

In bed trunk.. Rear fold up seats... Back seat space... Console Space... Smoothe ride... AWD system....

fuel mileage could be a little better. HEATED MIRRORS!!! I bought my truck in June and didn't realize the mirrors weren't heated until December. It's the only real set back. Heated mirrors aren't a option on my model, so I can't add it on because of how the truck is wired.