Used 2008 Honda Ridgeline RT Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Solid, but not great.
By Loyal Honda Man

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased Ridgeline to be the "family car," and in that function, it has performed satisfactorily. After almost 30,000 miles, it has been perfectly reliable, and has been a solid all-around-family-vehicle. Fuel econ has been 15-16 in town, 18-20 on highways. The engine is adequate if underwhelming for normal use but simply inadequate for towing much of anything. I towed a mid-sized trailer of approx. 2,500 lbs on level ground and the engine worked very hard and with mileage of only 9-10mpg. It is, however, very functional and the interior cabin space is efficiently maximized. LOVE the in-bed trunk, built-in bed cleats, as well as the built-in lighting for the truck bed.

Favorite Features

EVERYTHING about the bed: trunk, tie- down cleats, lighting, built-in liner, etc. The cabin is near perfect. Being able to fold up the rear seats for tall objects is great. It is a good utility vehicle that will fit in your garage.

Suggested Improvements

Having a more powerful engine would make this vehicle perfect. I'd like to see Honda develop a small V-8 similar to Toyota's 4.7L available as an option in the Ridgeline and Pilot.

Problem Truck
By Ridgeline

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but issues with this truck, the first problem showed up the day after I bought it. I have owned my truck for about a year and a half and have had numerous seals replaced included a gas cap. Most recently my brakes. They have frozen up on me and the emergency brake stays on. Neither the dealership or Honda know how to fix, they know there is a problem but have told me they can only fix it once I am stranded again. Not looking forward to that. I would never recommend this truck or Honda again, I had better luck with Hyundai.

Favorite Features

Only things I like about the truck is the comfort and style.

Suggested Improvements

Find a fix for the brakes, that is a safety hazard, and improve the seals.

Great family truck
By medicalminds

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our truck for about 6 mo and it is great. It is amazing on the snow. My wife is from the south and hates driving our Lexus in the snow but does great with this truck. It handles and rides better than any other truck I test drove (Tundra, Tacoma, F150, Frontier etc.) and it gets reasonable mileage for a truck. It has good acceleration and the inbed storage trunk is a stroke of genius. We are very happy with our truck and would highly recc it to others.

Favorite Features

Handling and ride on the road is better than any other truck. Driving in snow and rain is awesome. Interior and inbed storage are very useful for regular life stuff.

Suggested Improvements

If they could give it a tighter turning radius.

Great Truck
By Honda08

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Dodge Dakota, Ford F-150, and Chevy, none compare to the Ridgeline. This is a great truck it rides great no problems. 247 hp engine plenty of power, very nice.

Favorite Features

In bed "trunk", lots of storage, rides great.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is only as good as other trucks. I'd like to see Honda lead in that area as well.

Happy Owner
By ssgritta

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my Ridgeline and have put on 300 miles so far. I traded in my 1999 Dodge Durango with 126,660 miles on it. I love the Ridgeline and all of its features. Very roomy and comfortable drive. Turns heads as i drive down the street. No complaints and I am a satisfied driver

Favorite Features

dual action tailgate, in bed trunk