Used 2008 Honda Ridgeline RT Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Innovation abounds in this Solid Truck
By Rick Landries

My Barbie Truck
By Mike

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Awesome car, ours has low miles for the age. We have ~60K miles on it and it is running strong. No major issues and its great for my wife. My only complaint is that it is a little tight with a full sized car seat in the back. However, I am 6' tall and feel like I have not had an issue feeling like it was not roomy enough.

Solid, but not great.
By Loyal Honda Man

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased Ridgeline to be the "family car," and in that function, it has performed satisfactorily. After almost 30,000 miles, it has been perfectly reliable, and has been a solid all-around-family-vehicle. Fuel econ has been 15-16 in town, 18-20 on highways. The engine is adequate if underwhelming for normal use but simply inadequate for towing much of anything. I towed a mid-sized trailer of approx. 2,500 lbs on level ground and the engine worked very hard and with mileage of only 9-10mpg. It is, however, very functional and the interior cabin space is efficiently maximized. LOVE the in-bed trunk, built-in bed cleats, as well as the built-in lighting for the truck bed.

EVERYTHING about the bed: trunk, tie- down cleats, lighting, built-in liner, etc. The cabin is near perfect. Being able to fold up the rear seats for tall objects is great. It is a good utility vehicle that will fit in your garage.

Having a more powerful engine would make this vehicle perfect. I'd like to see Honda develop a small V-8 similar to Toyota's 4.7L available as an option in the Ridgeline and Pilot.

Problem Truck
By Ridgeline

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but issues with this truck, the first problem showed up the day after I bought it. I have owned my truck for about a year and a half and have had numerous seals replaced included a gas cap. Most recently my brakes. They have frozen up on me and the emergency brake stays on. Neither the dealership or Honda know how to fix, they know there is a problem but have told me they can only fix it once I am stranded again. Not looking forward to that. I would never recommend this truck or Honda again, I had better luck with Hyundai.

Only things I like about the truck is the comfort and style.

Find a fix for the brakes, that is a safety hazard, and improve the seals.

Great family truck
By medicalminds

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our truck for about 6 mo and it is great. It is amazing on the snow. My wife is from the south and hates driving our Lexus in the snow but does great with this truck. It handles and rides better than any other truck I test drove (Tundra, Tacoma, F150, Frontier etc.) and it gets reasonable mileage for a truck. It has good acceleration and the inbed storage trunk is a stroke of genius. We are very happy with our truck and would highly recc it to others.

Handling and ride on the road is better than any other truck. Driving in snow and rain is awesome. Interior and inbed storage are very useful for regular life stuff.

If they could give it a tighter turning radius.

• SUV