Used 2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

if it only had 300h.p.
By redc5vete

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really enjoy this truck. gets more compliments than my 02 vette. I do have aftermarket 22 inch chrome wheels though. with lo-pro tires and the Ridgelines Formal Black color it is awesome. Never had any trouble from it except when I ran hi-test bp in it. after a while I had spark knock which went away fast after going back to reg. its only low mark is it's an inch to short in legroom for a 6 foot man. I do recommend changing the Trans., Power steering, and diff. fluids after 50000 miles. the shift and wheel turn improvement was tremendous. only a $200 dollar job at a service station. the 2 way tailgate, wet/dry trunk and luxury amenities are just icing on the cake

Favorite Features

tailgate hidden water proof trunk xm 6 disc cd, 5.1 stereo 3-way console awd heated side mirrirs

Suggested Improvements

thicker sheet metal more horsepower (just for respect)

Great truck
By muddyh

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

95000 K so far, no issues, very good in snow, easy to park, pulls 5000 lbs okay, also overloaded it a few times with heavy items and no issues, had full size before but don't need or want a full size.

Favorite Features

Size, comfort, handling, versatility, in bed storage, dependable, If i drive 90 kph i get 30 imperial mpg, if i drive 120 kph i get 26+ mpg, not bad.

Suggested Improvements

more towing capacity, more power and even better mileage, having said that milage is much better than expected, especially in town in winter.

Nice mid-size truck
By Jeff

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it with 12,000 miles off a return lease. Had to have the leather seat cover on the drivers side replaced, and the complete headliner (it also has the moon roof) replaced, it came apart in the rear. I have 29,000 miles now and its been pretty good so far. Oh, had to also replace the right rear rotor & brake pads at 22,000 miles. Honda wouldn't cover or help with the repair bill while still under warranty, sort of crappy of them.

Favorite Features

AWD, heated seats, heated wipers, moon roof,power seat, leather, XM,power rear sliding window, trunk, 2 way tail gate, ride, easy entry and exit.

Suggested Improvements

telescope steering, better tilt wheel, Day time running lights, automatic shut down of all lights (timer) after 10 min.

Nice All around vehicle
By Charlie

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 3 yr Lease and will now buy out the lease at 19k and hopefully own for years to come. I like the Truck. Rides really well. Trunk is great. Fits golf clubs plus a folding chair. Inside is comfy. I wanted heated Seats,mirrors, a roof, so I went for the better model. No Nav. (would have liked it, but it seemed too much $$, when you can get a GPS for $125. or so.) The shifting you feel as you ride along is annoying. Glad I read others had an this issue, or I may not have purchased it out, as was not sure problem existed. I would have expected better mileage from a Honda product. It needs 5 mpgs more both city & highway. I don't drive enough to worry about it but...

Favorite Features

Trunk. Heated Seats in the Northeast. Reliability. Comfortable ride for me wife and up to 3 teens. Electric window in the back and the Roof are great. Good for dump runs and small jobs. Not for a real work truck.

Suggested Improvements

Trailer hitch s/be included for the $ your paying like most step toes. The heated mirrors and seats stay on even after you turn off the vehicle. So if you use them, you need to remember to turn them off. Bad idea. Reset them at ignition switch. Visibility as others noted is tough to switch lane.

Great truck
By TJH

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck because I needed something for 4 adults with light hauling capacity. Additionally, Hondas are very reliable and the build quality on this truck is amazing. I expect, like my 2000 Accord, it will run for a long time with out serious repairs. The handling and comfort are excellent in all weather. This truck will handle all road conditions with confidence. I recently took it off road through some very rugged trails near the ANF and it got me there and back with ease. It is big and heavy and you pay for that in gas mileage. I consistently get 20 mpg on the highway, however I don't mind as the view, safety and comfort while driving are worth it.

Favorite Features

In bed trunk, bed tie downs, sliding electric rear window, the awesome stereo, quiet ride, flip up rear seats, very unique center console storage, ground clearance and its excellent driving ability.

Suggested Improvements

The rear view out of the mirrors is not very good. You have to be very careful when changing lanes due to poor visibility. Outside sheet metal design. It is hard to keep clean and wax. The transmission shifts a lot due to low engine torque to weight ratio.