2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:
Great truck
By muddyh on 11/14/11 19:27 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

95000 K so far, no issues, very good in snow, easy to park, pulls 5000 lbs okay, also overloaded it a few times with heavy items and no issues, had full size before but don't need or want a full size.

Nice mid-size truck
By Jeff on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it with 12,000 miles off a return lease. Had to have the leather seat cover on the drivers side replaced, and the complete headliner (it also has the moon roof) replaced, it came apart in the rear. I have 29,000 miles now and its been pretty good so far. Oh, had to also replace the right rear rotor & brake pads at 22,000 miles. Honda wouldn't cover or help with the repair bill while still under warranty, sort of crappy of them.

Nice All around vehicle
By Charlie on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 3 yr Lease and will now buy out the lease at 19k and hopefully own for years to come. I like the Truck. Rides really well. Trunk is great. Fits golf clubs plus a folding chair. Inside is comfy. I wanted heated Seats,mirrors, a roof, so I went for the better model. No Nav. (would have liked it, but it seemed too much $$, when you can get a GPS for $125. or so.) The shifting you feel as you ride along is annoying. Glad I read others had an this issue, or I may not have purchased it out, as was not sure problem existed. I would have expected better mileage from a Honda product. It needs 5 mpgs more both city & highway. I don't drive enough to worry about it but...

Great truck
By TJH on 09/04/10 02:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck because I needed something for 4 adults with light hauling capacity. Additionally, Hondas are very reliable and the build quality on this truck is amazing. I expect, like my 2000 Accord, it will run for a long time with out serious repairs. The handling and comfort are excellent in all weather. This truck will handle all road conditions with confidence. I recently took it off road through some very rugged trails near the ANF and it got me there and back with ease. It is big and heavy and you pay for that in gas mileage. I consistently get 20 mpg on the highway, however I don't mind as the view, safety and comfort while driving are worth it.

My experience
By robbie on 08/18/10 12:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The interior on this vehicle is extremely easy to get stained. I had to purchase seat covers at over $300.00 to protect the interior.

Great Casual Truck
By drexadelphia on 07/07/10 15:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm sad to see my Ridgeline lease come to an end. Never been in a truck that rode as smooth or quiet. It handled beautifully, too. Interior was spacious in the front and the back, plenty of room for 4 adults, and 5 if necessary. The rear seat swinging up came in handy. The inbed trunk is huge and was great for storing various items, including a golf bag. The only negative I can give this is that I live in Philadelphia and it got a little less than 15 mpg. It's the only reason I'm giving it up. When they come out with a hybrid, I'll be back :)

Love affair is over
By cheryl driscoll on 06/19/10 09:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was so happy when I first brought home my ridgeline. The problems started when the first sleet and ice storm hit, when I was coming home from work that night at 10: pm I couldn't get the defroster to melt the ice off the windshield and had to pull over several times before I got home to scrape the window. My feet were freezing, mechanic said you can either have warm feet and not much windshield defrost or vise versa. Second problem, steering box under the left front wheel broke at about 7,000 miles. Next, the rear left lens cover let water in the tail light, and now, heat/ac completely gone at 26,000. I didnt realize I would become best friends with my mechanic. Toyota, I'm coming back!

Like Nothing Else, In a Great Way!
By travelindog on 05/05/10 19:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased after 35,000 miles! Great in the snow and serves my hauling and occasional off road needs just great. I've owned Chevy, Dodge and Ford trucks, and this Ridge is the best vehicle I've owned, period. My hat's off to Honda engineers and designers who obviously had their hats on straight when they drew up this vehicle. Would suggest that anyone considering a light pickup truck take a look at this.

Whatta great truck!!!
By Rob on 01/06/10 07:37 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A common theme seems to be praise of the in bed trunk... It is a life saver. It's one of those things that once you've had it... you CAN'T live without it. The AWD is awesome. We recently had a snow storm w/ 20". It was the first snow storm we've had since I owned the truck, and I couldn't believe how great the truck handled. I could not make the truck fishtail...even when I wanted it to. Snow aside... I thoroughly enjoy driving this vehicle year round, regardless of the weather. I can honestly say that the when I replace my Ridgeline... it will be with a Ridgeline!!

Nice Truck
By DANSWAK on 01/03/10 06:40 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like everything about this truck except the lack of integrated lock on tailgate. The inbed trunk has an integrated lock which can be opened using keyfob. The tailgate does not even have a lock on it. Once I added a tonneau cover I had to add a "pop-a- lock" which necessitates me carrying an extra key.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.