2008 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:
Solid, but not great.
By Loyal Honda Man on 12/15/09 07:54 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased Ridgeline to be the "family car," and in that function, it has performed satisfactorily. After almost 30,000 miles, it has been perfectly reliable, and has been a solid all-around-family-vehicle. Fuel econ has been 15-16 in town, 18-20 on highways. The engine is adequate if underwhelming for normal use but simply inadequate for towing much of anything. I towed a mid-sized trailer of approx. 2,500 lbs on level ground and the engine worked very hard and with mileage of only 9-10mpg. It is, however, very functional and the interior cabin space is efficiently maximized. LOVE the in-bed trunk, built-in bed cleats, as well as the built-in lighting for the truck bed.

Problem Truck
By Ridgeline on 07/15/09 07:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but issues with this truck, the first problem showed up the day after I bought it. I have owned my truck for about a year and a half and have had numerous seals replaced included a gas cap. Most recently my brakes. They have frozen up on me and the emergency brake stays on. Neither the dealership or Honda know how to fix, they know there is a problem but have told me they can only fix it once I am stranded again. Not looking forward to that. I would never recommend this truck or Honda again, I had better luck with Hyundai.

Great family truck
By medicalminds on 03/07/09 09:15 AM (PST)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our truck for about 6 mo and it is great. It is amazing on the snow. My wife is from the south and hates driving our Lexus in the snow but does great with this truck. It handles and rides better than any other truck I test drove (Tundra, Tacoma, F150, Frontier etc.) and it gets reasonable mileage for a truck. It has good acceleration and the inbed storage trunk is a stroke of genius. We are very happy with our truck and would highly recc it to others.

Great Truck
By Honda08 on 11/22/08 18:11 PM (PST)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Dodge Dakota, Ford F-150, and Chevy, none compare to the Ridgeline. This is a great truck it rides great no problems. 247 hp engine plenty of power, very nice.

Happy Owner
By ssgritta on 09/05/08 11:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my Ridgeline and have put on 300 miles so far. I traded in my 1999 Dodge Durango with 126,660 miles on it. I love the Ridgeline and all of its features. Very roomy and comfortable drive. Turns heads as i drive down the street. No complaints and I am a satisfied driver

US carmakers take note!
By Andy on 08/21/08 22:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So my 1999 Chevy Blazer goes down with a broken crankshaft, which is funny cause I just about replaced everything else on it. Well I really can't complain 200,000 miles later. So a friend turns me on to the Ridgeline. Since the first test drive I still wonder why people buy Chevy and Ford. The Ridgeline offers a comfortable smooth car-like ride while keeping the power and durability of a truck. A wider wheelbase and higher elevation makes driving easier with better sight of the road and amazing handling. No blind spots and sweet take off power.

Ridgeline is ideal.
By Ken on 08/04/08 05:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm an IT Consultant and lug around a lot of technical tools. It's nice to be able to store them in the lockable, waterproof trunk. This frees up the cab for the dog and friends. Adequate power from the V6 and I really like its look. Black with standard gray interior. I also like the fact that it comes with a XM radio enabled stereo ready to activate.

Ridgeline
By Dennis on 06/04/08 05:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nice crossover for a compact truck. Trunk is a nice but if you put a cover over the back you can only open trunk 75% not so good. accessories pricey.

Not another cheap copy
By irongod21 on 05/22/08 13:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love love love my ridge. A solid frame and body construction can you say stronger than yours the avalanche doesn't compare I've driven both and that Honda is the better I've only got 300 mi on mine and I'm getting 14.7 mpg in town that beats out most trucks after the break in period I love the exterior looks and it is extremely comfortable I bought the bottom of the line to save $$$ how many trucks out there have all the engineering and safety features on the bottom trim level that they have on the top Honda

Finally got my Honda truck
By Michelle on 05/20/08 05:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I always said, "If Honda would just make a truck." Up until now, we had another make and no reason to get a new one. However, with the great deals around, we just had to trade in the 3 year old Tacoma. We use our truck basically to take trash to the dump and, occasionally, to get building supplies. We were pleased with the comfort and great ride in the Base RT model, and, since it's not our regular car, decided to get it. I LOVE THIS TRUCK...best we have ever owned. As a Honda/Acura loyal family, we finally got the truck we wanted, too!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.