Works Like a Truck
By MontanaRoadRunner on
2007 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Most fun to drive since my 67 Mustang. Safe and stable on snow and ice. Climbs MT mountain highways doing 80 with no problem. Pulls 14' dual axle flatbed and 8x12 cargo trailer with ease - although gas mileage takes a severe nose dive. All of the comforts of my Accord, with the ability to haul loads - and I've hauled lots of rock, wood, brush. All wheel goes everywhere I need to go, including mud, snow, ice, and some very rough roads, plus off road - short of boulder climbing. Lots of places to store things, comfortable.
Favorite Features
Lockable trunk, safety features, two-way tailgate, large handles and knobs, especially good in winter with gloves. Handling is superb for a truck. Stable, hangs to road like slot car. On long drives (MT to CA) - biggest problem, keeping awake, miles just tick away. Lots of innovations.
Suggested Improvements
Telescoping steering should be a must. Seat covers fragile for a truck - fray, fade fast. Windshield wipers hard to change, clean around - buried under back of hood when parked. XM 'ready' a marketing ploy, the Honda accessory costs more than a complete radio system. Mileage bit of downer.