2007 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Review: Not happy at all

2007 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Review

Not happy at all
By Kyle on

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is supposed to be a truck. Everyone raves, Motor Trend names it "TRUCK of the year" and I ordered one. It arrived 3 weeks late, and it's basically a jacked up accord. The "bed" if you can call it that is useless, it has low approach angle, and scrapes on the most miniscule inclines, it has no ground clearance, and no torque! The passenger's rear door didn't close right and I had to take that in to be fixed. If this is what Honda considers a TRUCK, they are sadly mistaken. It will be sold after next April, and I'll be looking at Toyota and Ford. And looking a LOT more closely than just at Honda Trend Magazine. Those guys must be getting bribes!

I wanted a nice reliable truck. What I got was a jacked up Honda Accord.

Larger bed, TORQUE (who needs horsepower going up a levee?) TORQUE!!! Put an approach angle that reflects a truck! Good grief, I can't even climb a curb without scraping bodywork or the undercarriage! Gentle little slow delicate thing. HARDLY a truck!