Gas Mileage Poor
By Charles on
2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I have enjoyed driving my 2007 Honda Ridgeline truck, however, it has come to lease end and I will be turning it in for a new 2009 Acura TL w/Tech Pkg. I have nothing but praise for the Ridgeline. It did have an electrical problem (computer chip and electronic board fried) within a month after my purchase. Also, the handles above the right and left rear passenger doors came loose and was about to fall off. Weird since I don't ever have passengers back there. The service department said that it probably was threaded wrong at the factory. Also, the back lighting on the heated seat HI/LO button (drivers side) kept burning out prematurely.
Favorite Features
Bad weather traction and then some...Probably one of the best winter handling vehicles that I have driven. It almost took the fun out of trying to do parking lot doughnuts because you couldn't without disabling the traction control switch.
Suggested Improvements
Better gas mileage! I understand that it has AWD all the time, but that is no reason to average 15.4 mpg for 65% Hwy/35% city driving with an underpowered V6. This got rather expensive during the gas price hike over summer of 2008!