fuel efficiency
By dueldr on
2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I shopped around for the truck with the best fuel mileage rating. In Canada it may be different, but the rating the Ridgeline had was 28 miles to the Gallon. The Tacoma was 27. Between these two I preferred the Honda as it had more available options that I was Looking for i.e. loaded. Unfortunately, I have yet to do better than 22, and as last winter progressed I did many tanks at 16.5 miles to the gallon. The mileage just isn't their, a major disappointment. I believe the vehicle is underpowered for its size with a 3.5 l engine. The Tacoma with its 4.0 gets better mileage, and better power. If I had it to do over I would have gone with the Tacoma.
Favorite Features
Great truck on ice and snow, very sure footed. A pleasure to drive, very responsive. Well built, great features, the in box trunk and adjustable console is very convenient.
Suggested Improvements
-the navi system should be improved with more rural routing and I want to be able to add rural waypoints. I had a Garmin M5 (700 bucks) that was way better than this system (@5000 dollars) -The temperature adjustment setting doesn't work, its always too hot or too cold -bigger engine