Used 2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

More SUV than truck
By Mike

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced Nissan Frontier with the Honda Ridgeline July 2007. Has many great features plus the reliability of a Honda. I don't require a true pick up most of the time so its payload capacity is fine, really like an SUV in most respects. Gas mileage on hwy is a little disappointing for a V-6 engine, currently about 20 mpg. Honda made a mistake by not using one of their more powerful Acura V-6's, as this vehicle doesn't have the power or torque required for towing or climbing hills. We travel from FL to NC mountains on a regular basis and it works hard to climb the hills. If I required a truck to tow anything, I would not have purchased the Ridgeline.

Dual action tailgate, RTL model with Navi has most options that you'd ever want, under bed storage is fantastic!

Upgrade to more powerful V-6 engine (suggest the almost 300 hp engine from the Acura RL) to allow for adequate towing and hill climbing.

Lovin my Ridgeline
By Bruce

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Ridgeline is just a great all around vehicle, the engine is silky smooth with good power, a few more ponies would be good though. It has tons of storage inside and the in bed trunk is very cleaver. This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned, fit and finish is perfect also. I have heard rumors of Honda building a diesel for this truck, can`t wait to drive one. Love this truck.

Aggressive looking exterior, Automatic 4wd, interior storage.

A little more power, tranny downshifts to easy. I still love this engine.

Truly Love Our Ridge
By jgcla

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After a year and 14,000 miles, I have had no issues and love the truck. Thought rear visibility could be better until I drove my bosses new Silverado and realized mine was not so bad. The mileage has ranged from a low of 17 to a high of 22. 60 to 65 delivers around 20 - 21. Engine/transmission combo is extremely smooth, just like our CR-V. Even with gas prices approaching $4 per gal, I think I made a wise decision. I have had many positive comments on the appearance and feel secure when driving.

All wheel drive, forward visibility, Handling, capacity, bed trunk and sound system.

Rear visibility.

Towing
By lucas

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my truck specifically for a cross-country relocation. Refused to let me down going through the mountains in Colorado. Stayed strong towing a 5'x8' trailer (@11-14 mpg!) average almost 18 mpg city/highway combined, which is pretty good for a pick-up truck.

In-bed trunk (drain plug is great when you convert it to a beer cooler for tail-gating).well thought-out interior.

More power, possibly a hybrid in the near future (if Chevy can make a Tahoe hybrid, Honda should be able to do wonders with the Ridgeline or pilot)

"My Beautiful Truck" now 1 year old
By Nick

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very comfortable & appropriately sized truck. Very useful for my urban driving & use. Good Visibility. Appreciate the simple & well thought exterior details. Driving on all roads is stable & firm. Direct vehicle response from steering input. Good road feel. No mechanical problems. Very quiet motor almost whisper quiet. low wind & engine noise at high speed. Brisk engine response when you need to move quickly, & then you realize how fast you are moving! V6 is appropriate. Moved the truck nicely through hills & motoring through long high speed turns was comfortable & inspired confidence. 42 fill-ups later, avg 17.2 mpg overall. Purchased through broker & saved $K. Very happy!!

Family just loves the navigation system. Useful feature is the listing of phone numbers for restaurants or businesses so you can call ahead. I appreciated the heated seats and heated mirrors in the cold months. My wife is partial to the dual AC temperature control settings. (Hers and His).

Honda should consider improved placement of the temperature control knobs. ---- I guess that's why you can give the computer - voice commands for temperature, radio, and navigation input so you don't have to look away from the road. I got more truck than I expected. Good Job Honda!