Used 2007 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Highly Reccomended
By Curly

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In 20 yrs owned 3 GM full sized trucks then Suburban. Needed to go back to PU. Tired of American quality vehicles and associated repair bills. Finally went Honda. Ridgeline has been in shop for scheduled maint only. 55,000 miles and everything still works. Drives like a car - golf clubs fit in rear trunk. Whats not to like? Reminds me of a bulldog, ugly to look at - and I love it unconditionally.

Rear trunk - seals tight and has drain plug. Bed liner is standard. A/C and heat. Very nice 160 watt 6 CD changer/XM radio. Rear seat OK for a PU and folds up for large items. Quiet ride. Lots of inside places for storage of stuff.

Fuel mileage is not typical Honda. 17-19.x is poor for a 6 cyl. Have never been above 20 mpg.

Most versatile SUV available
By Bob

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you want a luxury sedan, it's close. If you want a work truck, it's close. If you want a tow vehicle, it's good there too. I just towed a 4200 lb. trailer over 4,000 miles with my Ridgeline, and encountered no problems. Going over the Rockies sometimes required full power for several minutes, but the temp. gauge barely moved. Very stable, even when semi's. passed by. The cab is roomy, and it is fun to drive. I average 19.3 MPG commuting 80 miles, but the mileage dropped to 11.2 towing. The Ridgeline is, in my opinion, the most versatile, high quality vehicle available.

Driving experience. Safety. Automatic all-wheel/4-wheel/front wheel drive system

Driver vision 6-speed automatic

Mobile Party
By Cleve

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First off, I would have to disagree with the editors on two points. First, the comfort of the backseat. It can fit four 20 year old guys comfortably with no complaints. Also, its offroad capabilities (though not up to rock crawling standards) seem to be vastly better than the Ridge is given credit for. I've taken my RTS all over God's green earth, through dirt, mud, snow, creeks and have yet to feel a noticeable slip. Now, moving on. I am absolutely in love with this truck. It's as big as a house inside, it rides as smoothly as a town car, the bed will fit anything from pallets, to tree trunks, to drywall etc. And when I take the time to wash off the filth, it's a beautiful design.

In-Bed Trunk: Works GREAT as a cooler, you can load it up with about 150 lbs of ice and any number of gallons of alcohol and its a moving tailgate party. Independent Suspension: I drive over train tracks every morning and while everyone else slows down to 5 mph, I don't even know it's there at 45 mph

It could definitely use an optional V8. I've read it employs some sort of takeoff softening, and although it does have some hidden power in the 3.5, I feel like it could use some beefing up! Also the flatness of the windshield causes the far left to get really dirty and become a blind spot of sorts.

This RTX truck is fit for a KING!
By Elvis Ray

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am not your average truck owner. I am an Elvis Impersonator. I carry lots of music and lighting equipment in this truck very often and Everything fits! This RTX handles like a car but feel very safe, quiet and secure. Starts, steers and stops with precision handling. Inside, it will surprise you with its "Roomy" feeling. All controls are within easy reach with No fancy frills. Engine is smooth as silk, trans too. "Pound for Pound" comfort & value, over other full cab brands, is off the charts with this truck! Will seat 5 adults adequately & have full cargo in back too. A lot of guys will complain about gas mpg, I don't. Go drive a U.S. made truck and you wont either! RTX..fit for a KING!

In bed trunk and spare tire tray holder. The side open tailgate. Inside Head room is very good, I am 6'1. Extra large interior "Shovel Handle" door handles are great for my big hands. Steering wheel has a good fit and feel for the road. Drives like a car and works like a truck! I love it!!

The only thing I have found to be rather weak is the exterior paint, might be due to the metal flake blue components in the paint. The inside doors have fog like "ghosts" when doors are open and seen in sun light, when compared to the body. I would not go 4-Wheel off road with the Blue color. See ya.

More SUV than truck
By Mike

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced Nissan Frontier with the Honda Ridgeline July 2007. Has many great features plus the reliability of a Honda. I don't require a true pick up most of the time so its payload capacity is fine, really like an SUV in most respects. Gas mileage on hwy is a little disappointing for a V-6 engine, currently about 20 mpg. Honda made a mistake by not using one of their more powerful Acura V-6's, as this vehicle doesn't have the power or torque required for towing or climbing hills. We travel from FL to NC mountains on a regular basis and it works hard to climb the hills. If I required a truck to tow anything, I would not have purchased the Ridgeline.

Dual action tailgate, RTL model with Navi has most options that you'd ever want, under bed storage is fantastic!

Upgrade to more powerful V-6 engine (suggest the almost 300 hp engine from the Acura RL) to allow for adequate towing and hill climbing.