Used 2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Best truck I've owned!
By STINGREY0007

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck to replace my Nissan extended cab pickup for a couple of reasons only. I wanted to use this for long trips and accommodate more people comfortably and be able to haul small stuff including yard waste, pull small trailer with riding mower etc, etc. I have looked at all brands and came to conclusion that the Ridgeline gives me the best value for my money plus Honda's excellent reputation. So far my ridgeline has been performing well with no major hiccups. A few times the tire pressure monitoring light came on during cold days and disappear after the truck had been running for some time. That was it, but I'm still on the look out in case it happens again.

The bed lockable storage is awesome. The interior is roomy and flexible for hauling large stuff. Rides like a car, handles well and plenty of get up and go for me. The stereo and cd player is very good. The one I like the most is the 4-wheel drive capability. It's there when you need it. I love it.

Telescoping steering wheel is a must. The fabric seats stain easy and are a bit hard to sit on after a long drive. Fog lamps should be standard for this model. Gas mileage needs substantial improvement, 14.5 to 16.5 city and 18 to 19 hwy driving is not acceptable to me. Reason enough to trade soon.

Loved it from Day One
By Gary

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the most enjoyable truck I've owned. To the point my own father is thinking of getting one for himself. Consider he's a loyal GMC fan. Anyhow I'm in the military and its a dream to drive, it reminds you of driving a car. But you have to convince yourself your in a 4x4. Take one on a test drive and you be the judge.

Love the navigation, I compare all Ridgelines to either have one or not. Everyone I've talked to that does own this type of Honda hasn't regretted it.

A telescoping steering wheel would greatly improve. Also, to switch from 4 wheel drive to 2 wheel would help on fuel economy.

Loved Ridgeline until fire
By Kim

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We loved our Honda Ridgeline. Great truck, my husband used it for his work as a construction supply company owner. He frequently hauled building materials with this truck. He also drove it long distances without a single problem. Everything was great about this truck, until it caught on fire today, and is now sitting in the towing company's lot, waiting to see what can be salvaged. I've been a loyal Honda/Acura owner for years, we also own a Civic and an Acura MDX, but we will not be replacing this Ridgeline with another Honda.

Like I said, we loved this truck until fire.

Works Like a Truck
By MontanaRoadRunner

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Most fun to drive since my 67 Mustang. Safe and stable on snow and ice. Climbs MT mountain highways doing 80 with no problem. Pulls 14' dual axle flatbed and 8x12 cargo trailer with ease - although gas mileage takes a severe nose dive. All of the comforts of my Accord, with the ability to haul loads - and I've hauled lots of rock, wood, brush. All wheel goes everywhere I need to go, including mud, snow, ice, and some very rough roads, plus off road - short of boulder climbing. Lots of places to store things, comfortable.

Lockable trunk, safety features, two-way tailgate, large handles and knobs, especially good in winter with gloves. Handling is superb for a truck. Stable, hangs to road like slot car. On long drives (MT to CA) - biggest problem, keeping awake, miles just tick away. Lots of innovations.

Telescoping steering should be a must. Seat covers fragile for a truck - fray, fade fast. Windshield wipers hard to change, clean around - buried under back of hood when parked. XM 'ready' a marketing ploy, the Honda accessory costs more than a complete radio system. Mileage bit of downer.

07 Honda Ridgeline
By Ridge2008

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am more then satisfied with my Ridgeline. I purchased it less then a year ago but I have a decent commute and have taken it on numerous roadtrips. I just got back from going over a mountain pass with snow/ice, etc. NO PROBLEMS with getting the Ridgeline over. Tight steering, smooth ride, super quiet even at 80+MPH (country highways). Rugged enough to take on trails... wouldn't recommend for more than moderate "four-byin" (4x4). Exterior design is very unique. If you like the Chevy Avalanche, you'll enjoy the Ridgeline. It's essentially a Sport Utility Truck along the same lines of the Ford Exp. Sport Trac, etc. Otherwise GREAT truck HIGHLY recommend.

The quiet ride, reliability, power (get up and go), the cargo and passenger room, interior design, night display of speedometer etc.