Used 2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:
Best Snow Vehicle
By rgreenberg on 01/12/08 21:46 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I live in Montana. Over 20 years, I have owned Audi A8, Audi A6, BMW 328xi,Yukon XL, Toyota Landcruiser. The Ridgeline is the best snow vehicle of the bunch. The combination of long wheelbase, traction control, front weighting and front-biased all wheel drive makes it very stable and very difficult to lose control of the vehicle. I run with Toyo Open Country A/T's summer and winter.

Great truck. Waiting for next redesign
By S on 12/27/07 19:52 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Ridgeline is quieter than my 06 Accord (very happy with both). I haul two dirt bikes, get around hunting lease, and take the family camping. Added the roof rack, side step to help with the looks (which I'm still getting used to). Overall the truck has exceeded my expectations. Pros: very comfortable in the city and on the highway, great AWD mgmt system, good (not great) stereo, back seats fold up, tail gate lays down and swings open, great storage space between the front seats. Cons: Mileage, front end needs to be redesigned, bed is a little too short. Best buy for the price. Shop well. Sticker was $31K, I paid $26k including roof rack, side step and bed extender.

Fun truck with room for improvements
By Central Missouri on 12/08/07 13:43 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is fun to drive. Has a superior stereo system. Great quality of workmanship. My friends have deemed it the "swiss army knife of trucks" due to all the great engineering that went into it. Gas mileage is "ok" (17.8 MPG on trips with tires at/near top PSI) I guess for an AWD vehicle, but I am certain that Honda could make it better by using the new engine innovations from the new Odyssey minivans. For a truck topping $30,000 MSRP, I expected heated outside mirrors and a rear window defogger like the Honda Odyssey of my wifes.

2007 Honda RidgeLine
By Truck Guy on 12/03/07 20:56 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2007 Honda RidgeLine for over a year now and put on close to 19k miles on it. I am extremely pleased with the performance, quality, ride, comfort and extensive flexibility this truck has to offer. Once again Honda has proven that it stands for very high quality and thus its reputation as one of the most reliable and innovative auto manufacturers in the world.

my ridgeline is a lemon
By Ridgeline Lemon on 11/10/07 08:58 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Ridgeline has been in the shop 5 times and counting. The dealer has been somewhat reluctant to believe my problems, until I took the shop foreman for a test ride. Problems include: 1) trans light 2) trans light again 3)instrument cluster replaced - resulting in 4) squeaky dashboard 5) dashboard now squeaks in two places... Honda regional representative will not give you a straight answer or tell you who her superior is. I HOPE TO LEMON LAW MY RIDGELINE, GET MY $ BACK, AND WILL NEVER BUY FROM HONDA AGAIN !!!!!

A truck that keeps you man-hood in tact
By Baltimore Driver on 10/26/07 13:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

With a family of 5 and a house to take care of, this truck does it all. 3 kids (all under 12) fit in the back with plenty of room to spare. The trunk can fit a bag of soccer balls and lawn chairs, or a full trip's worth of bags from the grocery store. The bed is perfect for runs to the dump. You sit up high and feel safe. The wife's Odyssey will always be the go-to family vehicle, but having something I can tow the family and all of our bikes with, is a great thing indeed.

Great truck, horrible gas mileage
By EA on 10/22/07 21:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the Ridgeline in May '07. PROS: In-bed locking trunk, good handling and great turn radius for a truck, extremely comfortable and roomy interior with extra roomy center console, decent power from V6. CONS: Horrrible gas mileage (under suggested sticker), terrible blind spots making it very hard to see to your left, right, or rear, base stereo system lacks any mids (I have heard better quality from a ham radio), seems like you have to gas it to accelerate at a decent pace. All in all, it's a very good vehicle if you don't mind forking out loads of cash for gas or backup or change lanes often. Those two issues are enough to have me trading it in this week.

Constant noise
By HaditwithHonda on 10/18/07 08:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall a good vehicle. I just have a continuous noise from the "dash" area on the right side. The dealership had the truck for three weeks trying to solve the noise. They removed the windshield, tore apart the dash, passenger A pillar. Nothing worked. Regional rep came heard the noise and said "Normal for a truck. It is result of body flex." I have owned over 20 vehicles and never had this noise--even in a car you could see flex. Result is Honda will do nothing for me. Dealership I feel really tried to help.

Beats my OJ Simpson Bronco
By David Anderson on 10/03/07 13:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had an OJ Simpson 1995 Bronco for a little over 10 years. It was reliable, drank gasoline like a thirsty boozer and rode like a vehicle from hell re lack of comfort. I'm retired, fly fish, pull small boats, go off road as well as drive in town and local trips. Ride is good. The grandkids love to ride in and prefer it over my wife's Lexus. The mileage has been a disappointment with an average of about 16 per tank. I normally beat the estimated mileage, not here. The lack or real off road under vehicle protection is a pain. Apparently, that is due to the Honda lawyers. The vehicle hauls everything we have needed to haul. The lockable trunk in the bed is great. Buy one

Bad Radio
By Radio Sucks on 09/22/07 15:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Ridgeline in July and have not been able to pick up radio stations in my area. Dealership has changed antenna modular and the cable. Now they are trying the radio. I love this truck but not the radio. I must have gotten a lemon. The best feature is the trunk in the bed.