Used 2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Love it.. and Wife does too !
By madogreg

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2007 RTL (noNav) in July 2012. 47K miles on it - but it looks and runs like new. Last truck was an F150 - which I loved; but life doesn't demand a full 4 x 8 bed any more. Nothing to gripe about with the Ridgeline. I see people think the MPG could be better, but at the same time they don't find that a sticking point. It's like driving a luxury sedan when you're on the highway. But you have the confidence of a truck both on and off road. My mechanic, and others I spoke to can't comment on them - I have to assume that's a statement of reliability !!

Favorite Features

2 way tailgate. (Aftermarket Tonneau Cover) . Comfortable interior with multiple cubbies and storage. Great storage under rear seats. and they (the seats) have a great fold away capability ! In bed trunk. and Bed lighting.

Suggested Improvements

A little more power ?

100K+ miles and almost zero complaints
By dmullins281

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Ridgeline in 2007, I had to wait for almost 3 weeks for it to be built and delivered and have been happy ever since. I have had zero issues with it, other than the required services and replacing things that wear out with use. The only 2 issues I have with it would be that I had hoped for better gas mileage (it's essentially the same as a full size F-150), and there are slight blind spots when looking to the rear sides. I've used this as an SUV and to the fullest extent of a truck and never had a single problem. With over 100K miles on it, it still drives like a new vehicle, nothing rattles or feels loose, if you didn't see the mileage, you'd never even guess it had over 100K.

Favorite Features

*Reliability (not a single mechanical issue). * Plenty of room inside and out. * Trunk * Plenty of tie-downs in bed. * Drives more like a car than a truck (my girlfriend loves that).

Suggested Improvements

Improving gas mileage would be a great start. Better blind spot sight, or blind spot mirror indicators (although these may be available on the newer models).

Best vehicle and most versatile.
By eddieo311

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck almost 3 years ago brand new and that's still the way it looks and drives. I moved to GA from NJ and I go back a few times/year. My wife and I love the ride, size, and reliability. We can throw all our stuff for the trip in the bed and the trunk with the dogs riding in the back with the seats folded up, and there's still a ton of room. Despite being a truck I get great mileage and it handles all elements with ease.

Favorite Features

dual climate control, 4wd, stereo system, fold-up seats, lockable trunk, tire pressure notification, and display of controls

Suggested Improvements

I wish I had an Ipod hookup direct to the stereo system, other than that honda thought of it all.

Ultra Low Emmissions Vehicle.
By deadeyerish

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my Ridgeline, I have been wanting one for years now. My 07 has 60k+ miles but I'll tell you if it didn't have an odometer I would think it was brand new. Honda Certified, the truck drives beautifully. I traded in an Acura TSX. I loved my car but this truck is great. Its everything I need and nothing I don't. Power rear window, moon roof leather try to find that in a competing model without paying out the wazoo.

Favorite Features

Composite bed, in bed trunk, standard moonroof, power rear window. Fun to drive but rugged enough to not worry about bumps in the road. Magnets control the 4WD system its the most advanced control system. Its FWD while cruising. Its a Honda with four wheels and an engine.

Suggested Improvements

The newer models have a better look and engine performance, though I believe they all use the Acura 6 cylinder engine from the year that they are manufactured. The engine has great get up and go. Probably due to the Magnetically controlled AWD/4WD system.

A Wonderful Choice of Truck
By marksez

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I sold my 2004 Canyon and leased my 2007 Ridgeline on 1/1/07, and it was an excellent choice. It was quite a step up from the GMC. It has virtually every possible option someone could want on a truck and rides and works just like youd expect a Honda to do. We are an all Honda family, a total of 5, and they are all trouble free vehicles. The truck did have a minor transmission fluid leak, which required a major (warranty covered) correction. Admittedly, that left me a little concerned about buying it at the end of the lease. I have to say, that other than wishing it got better gas mileage (17 city and 21 highway is not bad for an all wheel drive truck), its a wonderful truck.

Favorite Features

The roomy interior and all the standard features.

Suggested Improvements

Auto headlights