2007 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:
Love the truck, hate the seats
By readycash on 03/14/10 08:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased new in 2007. Now at about 35k. No problems at all. Truck handles great in bad weather. Better than the Jeep Wrangler we had prior. The trunk is a great feature. Michelin tires still look new. Perfect vehicle for someone who wants utility. Only complaint is the cloth seats on mine stain way to easily, even water like has been mentioned in previous reviews. I am going to have mine re-covered with leather.

07 Honda Ridgeline
By Ridge2008 on 12/13/08 11:44 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am more then satisfied with my Ridgeline. I purchased it less then a year ago but I have a decent commute and have taken it on numerous roadtrips. I just got back from going over a mountain pass with snow/ice, etc. NO PROBLEMS with getting the Ridgeline over. Tight steering, smooth ride, super quiet even at 80+MPH (country highways). Rugged enough to take on trails... wouldn't recommend for more than moderate "four-byin" (4x4). Exterior design is very unique. If you like the Chevy Avalanche, you'll enjoy the Ridgeline. It's essentially a Sport Utility Truck along the same lines of the Ford Exp. Sport Trac, etc. Otherwise GREAT truck HIGHLY recommend.

This RTX truck is fit for a KING!
By Elvis Ray on 08/27/08 15:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am not your average truck owner. I am an Elvis Impersonator. I carry lots of music and lighting equipment in this truck very often and Everything fits! This RTX handles like a car but feel very safe, quiet and secure. Starts, steers and stops with precision handling. Inside, it will surprise you with its "Roomy" feeling. All controls are within easy reach with No fancy frills. Engine is smooth as silk, trans too. "Pound for Pound" comfort & value, over other full cab brands, is off the charts with this truck! Will seat 5 adults adequately & have full cargo in back too. A lot of guys will complain about gas mpg, I don't. Go drive a U.S. made truck and you wont either! RTX..fit for a KING!

Towing
By lucas on 05/24/08 09:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my truck specifically for a cross-country relocation. Refused to let me down going through the mountains in Colorado. Stayed strong towing a 5'x8' trailer (@11-14 mpg!) average almost 18 mpg city/highway combined, which is pretty good for a pick-up truck.

A truck that keeps you man-hood in tact
By Baltimore Driver on 10/26/07 13:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

With a family of 5 and a house to take care of, this truck does it all. 3 kids (all under 12) fit in the back with plenty of room to spare. The trunk can fit a bag of soccer balls and lawn chairs, or a full trip's worth of bags from the grocery store. The bed is perfect for runs to the dump. You sit up high and feel safe. The wife's Odyssey will always be the go-to family vehicle, but having something I can tow the family and all of our bikes with, is a great thing indeed.

Great truck, horrible gas mileage
By EA on 10/22/07 21:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the Ridgeline in May '07. PROS: In-bed locking trunk, good handling and great turn radius for a truck, extremely comfortable and roomy interior with extra roomy center console, decent power from V6. CONS: Horrrible gas mileage (under suggested sticker), terrible blind spots making it very hard to see to your left, right, or rear, base stereo system lacks any mids (I have heard better quality from a ham radio), seems like you have to gas it to accelerate at a decent pace. All in all, it's a very good vehicle if you don't mind forking out loads of cash for gas or backup or change lanes often. Those two issues are enough to have me trading it in this week.

Beats my OJ Simpson Bronco
By David Anderson on 10/03/07 13:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had an OJ Simpson 1995 Bronco for a little over 10 years. It was reliable, drank gasoline like a thirsty boozer and rode like a vehicle from hell re lack of comfort. I'm retired, fly fish, pull small boats, go off road as well as drive in town and local trips. Ride is good. The grandkids love to ride in and prefer it over my wife's Lexus. The mileage has been a disappointment with an average of about 16 per tank. I normally beat the estimated mileage, not here. The lack or real off road under vehicle protection is a pain. Apparently, that is due to the Honda lawyers. The vehicle hauls everything we have needed to haul. The lockable trunk in the bed is great. Buy one

A Truck That Rides Like a Sedan
By jetmail17 on 09/04/07 06:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Moving from a sports car phase to a Home Depot phase, I traded in a Porsche Boxster for my 2007 RTX Ridgeline. I confirmed what many reviewers say: this thing rides like a plush sedan. Even Consumer Reports had but one gripe, "pronounced road noise," which I can't pick up anywhere. I wasn't expecting the 250 hp 3.5 litre V-6 to be racy, but a buttload of horses rear up when you prod her to merge in with the interstate stampedes. Keep in mind I had the acceleration of a Porsche before. Riding up high with front and curtain-side airbags makes me appreciate the impressive safety ratings. Roomy interior can seat 5 easy! Honda has created the perfect vehicle for metro-truckin.

Ridgeline is everything I expected!
By Robert on 05/30/07 14:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 4 Honda cars, this is my first foreign truck. I feel for the kind light truck work that I do the Ridgeline seems fine. I get 17 MPG around town and 22 MPG the highway. I currently have 2300 miles on it with no problems. I have talked to other Ridgeline owners that get 24 MPG highway miles. They mentioned that the mileage improves after 10,000 miles.

I love it!
By spb_gaco on 04/26/07 10:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the Ridgeline. I came from a Ford F-150 and was a little leary about the Ridgeline at first. I am glad that I got it though. Probably the best truck I've ever had.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.