2006 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Review: best truck I've owned

2006 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Review

best truck I've owned
By ridgelinernm on

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had a '86 Toyota 4x4 P/U, '93 Toyota 4Runner, and '05 Tundra. I bought the Tundra brand new over the Ridgeline because the Ridgeline had just come out in summer of '05 and I was hesitant to jump into Honda's first truck. What a mistake! I sold the Tundra and bought an '06 Ridgeline RTL. It is so versatile and fun to drive. Great on all kinds of terrain. Excellent utility with the bed, trunk, back seat (seats flip up for TONS of space). We go up to Colorado in the winter to ski, I fit all of our gear in the trunk and under the rear seats, skis in the bed, and the 4 of us ride in comfort! I get 19mpg city and have done as good as 24mpg highway. Awesome truck!

Powerful yet efficient, incredible versatility and storage, awesome traction control, interior comfort features, smooth, car-like ride. Under seat storage in the back seat, or innovative flip-up seats are awesome for storage. Love the trunk - store my tools and lock them up, or store luggage for road trips. Even has a drain plug to use as a cooler for tailgating! Love how the gate folds down or swings out, making it easy to access loads by getting right up against the bed. Honda innovation!

Stereo - they didn't add an auxiliary jack for iPods until later models. Stereo has an "aux" button label but you can only use in lieu of XM by installing another device to connect to it. The trunk "touch latch" does not open anymore, I have to open with the key even when unlocked.