2006 Honda Ridgeline 3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 5.0 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Best everyday truck ever

2006 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Review

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

RTS Crew Cab Pickup (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 5.0 ft. Bed)

Best everyday truck ever
By Tom on

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This truck does exactly what I need - it carries in the bed stuff I would never want inside a car or SUV but doesn't suffer all the negatives a regular truck would (bad gas mileage, bad ride, etc.) It has plenty of power for everyday driving, as long as you're not trying to race. As for the complaints about gas mileage, if you drive the way you should to conserve gas, you'll get what I get, which is 19-20 mpg every tank, and that is using the AC at all times, driving a mix of highway and surface roads. No one complains about the V6 4x4 Crew Cab Nissan Frontier getting 17 mpg, so why the complaints here?

Favorite Features

In-bed trunk is genius. Plenty of in-cabin storage, too. And I happen to really like the way the truck looks, too. I'd rather drive this than something that looks like every other truck that's existed for the past 60 years.

Suggested Improvements

Auxiliary-input plug on all models for mp3 players, better looking grille and wheels, slightly less spartan looking interior, built-in trailer hitch, metal bumpers (this and the hitch are the regular truck things I sorely miss).