Awesome Truck!
By 1st HONDA on
2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Best mid-size truck on the market. Great in heavy snow, and traction/control/handling is better than big 4x4s due to independent suspension & awd drive. I drive almost daily in lake Tahoe area with great ease. Drives like a car, but it's a truck. No maintenance issues either. Over 42k miles, and only in the shop for regular maintenance. 3.5l 24- valve, v-tech power is exceptional; it down- shifts on slight hills due to high overdrive gearing; big 4x4 diesels (Ford, Chevy, Dodge) eat my dust/exhaust; so no power worries for future owners. The big-3 auto makers better get their act together soon; I can see the Ridgeline evolving into a truck w/more capability than any 4x4 on the market
Favorite Features
The feel! The Cruise Control: it up and down-shifts accordingly to maintain selected speed; I hardly use breaking while going down Spooner Summitt. The Power! All of this truck I enjoy!
Suggested Improvements
Evolve this truck to have the current AWD Drive and independent suspension capability, but be able to hall big payloads like the BIG 4X4s; Sorry BIG-3; get your act together, or the truck market will continue to diminish for you!