2006 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Review: AMAZED!

2006 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Review

RT Crew Cab Pickup (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 5.0 ft. Bed)

AMAZED!
By Baldeagle on

2006 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought a 2006 RT from a local Honda Dealer, with 120,000 km on it - tonneau cover too. I had been looking at them for sometime; I needed a strong, reliable, but comfortable truck or SUV to handle our cottage lifestyle. Towing boats, trailers full of work materials or ATVs, etc., but comfortable and easy to drive. Research indicated that used Ridgeline would meet all these requirements. In Billet Silver, it looks pretty sharp, although some in my family think it's the ugliest truck they've ever seen! But I love it! Two months into ownership and 2,500 extra km on the clock, it's smooth, powerful, reliable, good on gas (averaging 10.5 L/100 km or 22/23 mpg, and very comfortable.

Favorite Features

Under-bed trunk; fold-up rear seats; two-way tailgate; tonneau cover; tons of storage; comfort; build quality; quite cabin; car-like ride; seamless AWD; gas consumption (for a truck); towing capability; highway cruising; it's different - not your typical truck, that's for sure! power rear window.

Suggested Improvements

This an early model - only the driver's door unlocks when put in 'Park' - late '06 onwards have all four doors unlock. That's a nuisance! Another 1" of ground clearance. Improved mileage. Auto lights; got used to this feature on GM machines. Now I forget to turn on the lights and get flashed a lot!