Used 2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Awesome Truck!
By 1st HONDA

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best mid-size truck on the market. Great in heavy snow, and traction/control/handling is better than big 4x4s due to independent suspension & awd drive. I drive almost daily in lake Tahoe area with great ease. Drives like a car, but it's a truck. No maintenance issues either. Over 42k miles, and only in the shop for regular maintenance. 3.5l 24- valve, v-tech power is exceptional; it down- shifts on slight hills due to high overdrive gearing; big 4x4 diesels (Ford, Chevy, Dodge) eat my dust/exhaust; so no power worries for future owners. The big-3 auto makers better get their act together soon; I can see the Ridgeline evolving into a truck w/more capability than any 4x4 on the market

Favorite Features

The feel! The Cruise Control: it up and down-shifts accordingly to maintain selected speed; I hardly use breaking while going down Spooner Summitt. The Power! All of this truck I enjoy!

Suggested Improvements

Evolve this truck to have the current AWD Drive and independent suspension capability, but be able to hall big payloads like the BIG 4X4s; Sorry BIG-3; get your act together, or the truck market will continue to diminish for you!

I'll never buy a Honda again
By J Elkin

So were do I start? I could start with the creaky and rattling interior. Or I could talk about what a joke the gas mileage is compared to what they claim it will be. But most of all this car is just a piece of garbage. Can't wait until the lease is over and I can go and get a decent truck or SUV. Honda may do a good job with cars, but trucks and SUVs are not their thing . For what the Ridgeline cost me ($32K) I could have purchased a number of other better trucks or SUV's. Do yourself a favor and don't make my mistake.....buy something else.

Favorite Features

chrome interior details

Suggested Improvements

overall quality, mileage, ride comfort......just redesign the thing.

Great truck, could use more power
By Woby

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM, Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Used as a commuter and family trips. Occasional off road use at the beach or back roads. Great in the sand. Ride is excellent. Power is lacking - slightest hills on the highway cause downshift. No maintenance issues after 36,000 miles. Very comfortable for 4 adults. A little tight for 5 or with a baby seat installed and 4 adults. In bed trunk is awesome, dual action tailgate is very convenient.

Favorite Features

Comfort. Navigation, although mine came with 2 year old data. Storage is more than you would need - both inside and the trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Climate controls (sometimes hard to see while driving), increased power, rear seats (They only fold up and do not fold down flat), and while we are wishing - remote start for those very hot and cold days.

Seperate yourself from the norm.
By RTLTATE

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned them all, and if you are the average consumer with the need for light duty towing and room for five men, this is the truck for you. Not too big, not too small.

Favorite Features

Power, seat comfort, offroad capable.

Suggested Improvements

Tonneau cover standard

Love this truck
By Mike

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I normally trade trucks every year. Since purchasing this truck I don't want to trade. I love it. 20 mpg overall for a 4x4 is great.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride feels like a sport luxury sedan ride

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel design needs improvement