2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:
Love the Ridge
By RDL on 03/14/07 16:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Almost made the mistake of waiting for the New Tundra. Test drove the Ridgeline, the 06 Tundra and the F- 150. Came back to the Ridgeline, it fit like a glove when I slid into the driver's seat. Just the right size for my "gentleman truck" needs (occasional trip to Home Depot). The F-150 was too big and on the test drive the MPG readout on the dash didn't get over 10.5 MPG on average. Didn't wait on 2007 Tundra, even though I had driven Toyotas for years and my other car is a Lexus. No regrets!

Good Stuff
By A. Warren on 03/04/07 08:13 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my truck for about a year and a half and it's done accomplished everything I've needed it to accomplish. I can (pretty much) keep up with my dad's Mini on the corners, which is pretty decent for a truck. It's got room for 5 actual adults to ride in, which is great. An air-intake and cat-back system do wonders for the truck's perceived masculinity factor, not to mention kinda poky high-end. It sometimes gets stuck in a gear just after highway merging, but you just have to kick it into neutral and back again quickly. The 'trunk' does a great job of storing odds and ends that would otherwise cluttering the cabin. Great stock sound system.

Huge inside! 4ft wide bed! Great Truck!
By Trevor on 02/22/07 09:41 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I couldn't decide which truck to buy before the Ridgeline came out because none of them met all of my needs and wants. The Ridgeline is a great truck and drives great. By transverse mounting the engine Honda gives this "mid-size" a full size interior. The bed, although only 5 ft long, is 4 ft wide and can handle 4 x 8 sheets. The Ridgeline also handles great in the snow; it snowed 15" last year and I was out driving right through it before they even plowed without problems. Wouldn't recommend it for offroad use however, but I never offroad so it doesn't affect me. I would highly recommend this truck.

we love it
By sharon on 02/15/07 22:50 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had our ridgeline for almost a year now and we love driving it. I feel so safe in it, and the 4 wheel drive is great in our winter weather. We find it very comfortable for traveling in. We would recommend this truck for any one. We will be buying another one in 2 years at the end of our lease agreement or purchase the one we have.

No Contest
By MDFUZZ on 02/12/07 06:05 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Was skeptical at first because of it's peculiar styling and V6 engine. 23 thousand miles later I am sold! Ride and reliability are a dream! Ive tested her with my 500 mile a week commutes and long distance interstate trips, but it still drives & handles like the first day. Its a V6 don't be fooled. She has more passing power than my 2004 Hemi Ram 1500 had & gets way better MPG's! Ive had many trucks in my life made by the big 3 when I only bought American that later had me sitting at the dealership for repairs, recalls & excuses. Not to mention losing my shirt when I traded up at the dealer because nobody wants used American trucks or cars. This truck has yet to let me down. Bravo!

My Two Cents
By Mark81 on 01/30/07 16:20 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My experience has been two sided actually. From a family hauler perspective it is great for taking the kids to after school functions and throwing some groceries in the back on the way home, glad to have the cover. As for a truck, I really wish i had my Silverado back , having traded it in on this. We camp in the summer and also tow the boat over to Dale Hollow on the weekends, the salesman assured me a 3500# boat would not be a problem. This is not the case what so ever. The V-6 struggles getting the boat off of our street let alone the heart attack I almost had trying to get it up a ramp. The brakes offer no confidence either when trying to bring the trailer to a halt (w/ trailer brakes!).

Surprisingly pleased
By Dan on 01/24/07 21:06 PM (PST)

Overall quality has been excellent. I spend a lot of time on the road (31,000 miles since late August) and it has actually been enjoyable. This truck is very quick, making passing a breeze. And the seats (heated) are very comfortable. Fuel economy has ranged from 19 to 22 on the highway. The AWD (4WD all the time) has handled amazingly well in a Michigan winter. The sound system with subwoofer was a nice surprise. From the beginning, I have been impressed with interior size and comfort, and the smooth, quiet ride.

Great "truck"
By RTL on 01/17/07 15:39 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM, Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely love my truck, I have to be honest though, it took some getting used to. When I first bought my ridgeline i would see the toyota tacoma and think i was missing something, until i test drove it! what a sloppy piece of work! compared to the ridgeline the tacomas interior is cramped, and the handling and steering felt so bad! bravo honda!

I'd buy another one
By Happy Ridgeline Ownr on 01/14/07 10:37 AM (PST)

I use to own a Chevy Avalanche and I thought I loved it. This Honda is a far better choice for "me". I work in construction and the Honda was a much better work horse. The only draw back is the short 5' bed and the pass through cargo into the cab, but I learned to work without it. So far, other than scheduled maintenance, one headlight bulb burnt out, vs broken and worn out parts on the Chevy for the same mileage/time frame. I wish it had more horsepower for my own needs. Looking online now for a Turbo kit. In 2008 I will be ready for a new one - maybe they will change the style then.

Great Truck
By racecars on 01/07/07 16:45 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove every truck out there before I purchased this truck and 16 months and 17000 miles later I love it more then ever. The only problem I have is keeping my wife from taking my Ridgeline, which she prefers to drive over her infiniti.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.