Used 2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Dependable
By Gary Sr.

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love our Ridgeline except suggested improvements see below). Have over 50K and still runs quiet like new. We pull a boat about 4,000 lbs and it is fine but not real good mileage. It has no rattles inside is quiet and my dog and kids can't hurt the interior.

Love the stereo on the RTL. The XM is awesome I suggest the Loft. Lots of room and storage. We snow ski and the AWD is nice. Trunk is cool.

The latch on the tailgate is disconnected. You can't fold down tailgate, just out. I can't get the cap off the top even after removing all the screws. Anyone know how to get the tailgate cap off? The plastic panel on the roof just above the back window catches air at high speeds and vibrates.

The BEST truck I have ever owned!
By dynamiq

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM, Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is almost perfect! It would be nice if it got better gas mileage, but then it wouldn't have that awesome torque! I have pulled multiple cars and trucks out of the ditch (in snow), I have hauled a 26 foot camper over the mountains on a 5 hour trip, a 21 foot boat for 3 hours... all no problem for the RL! The performance in snow and ice is the BEST I have experienced! I have owned 4 Ford F-150s and 1 GMC Sierra and none of them performed this well in the snow (or mud). It is so well- designed and well-balanced that I don't think any truck can compete for overall performance. I have owned for 2.5 years and I have not had to have anything fixed! This is truly a great truck!

The trunk in the bed is the best idea ever! The comfortable ride can't be matched by any other truck. The hauling abilities are great (especially for a V6). Smaller outside than standard truck, but larger inside cab!

1. I wish there was a way to improve MPG and have a "switch" for when you need torque to utilize all horsepower. 2. All Honda navi systems really stink. Honda needs to improve their navi to make it more intuitive (i.e.like a Garmin). 3. Honda NEEDS to incorporate a trip computer (i.e. mpg, etc.).

Bulletproof
By Hogman

This is my first truck. I love it. Everyone that rides in it comments on how spacious it is on the inside. I have had zero problems. I drove it half way across the country from California to Texas and got good gas mileage (for a truck). Average was close to 26 MPG. It has plenty of passing power and I experienced no problems passing on steep inclines (plenty of torque). I have a factory tonneau cover which I highly recommend. I spend time sitting atop the tonneau with my girlfriend watching fireworks, sunsets and picnics in the country. Additionally the cover helps to hide contents in the bed of the truck. Honda hit a homerun with this thing!

Tailgate trunk. Center console (extremely spacious). XM radio. Sunroof. Rear seat that folds up to fit extra cargo.

Bigger wheel/tire options

Love this truck!
By amy

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All the best features of a crew cab truck and a station wagon combined. Room for 4 adult passengers, dry cargo area, towing, sheet goods and lumber-friendly bed, dual action tail gate. 58,000 miles in a little over 2 years, it's been great.

In bed storage, cargo lights, flip up split rear seats.

I am surprised Honda didn't tuck a folding ladder into the rear bumper. It's a bit of a high step into the bed, for us short folk. The driver seat becomes uncomfortable on the long haul. This is the cheap seat in the basic model, just a few adjustments for height and length, no lumbar

Best Everday Vehicle Ever
By Gary

Have now had my truck for 3-1/2 years and 113,000 miles. Has done everything I needed from towing my ski boat (3000 #) in the summer to driving Stevens Pass 14,500 feet of elevation in the snow every weekend in the winter. It has been my daily driver as a salesperson and had never given me a problem. I have averaged 18 MPG on a daily basis.

Rides 4 adults in comfort. In bed trunk is great. Plenty of storage. Cruise control that shifts going downhill.

Gas Mileage could be a little better. Turning radius. Auto dimming mirrors.