Used 2006 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Ridgeline

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Good but Not so Good
By MarylandBob

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a Titan for this vehicle, Ridgeline much easier to handle and more fuel efficient. Seems well built and interior styling is good, exterior is groundbreaking. Drives like a car, easy to get in/out, locking trunk under bed is the best feature. Not so good-hesitation during acceleration, air leak sounds, interior moisture, windows and now floor board. Moisture causing unpleasant odor like old shoes. Dealer has new replacement windshield on order and others are reporting moisture problems with bad welds. Didn't expect this trouble paying top dollar for top-of-the line truck. We'll see how all is repaired.

Favorite Features

Handling, under-bed locking trunk

Suggested Improvements

Fix design problems, improve mileage for 6 cyl.

A must have for every household!!
By Brian

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had my RL-RTL for a month and a half, but I know I made the right decision the moment I drove it off the lot! It's great on the job site and it hold my two son's car seats with plenty of room to spare! My wife even likes it!

Favorite Features

The cargo capacity has got to be the best feature. The trunk inside the bed even holds our double stroller!

Suggested Improvements

I plan on buying a mid-size boat in the future...maybe offer an optional V-8 or larger towing capacity up to 6500 or 7000 lbs.

Happy Owner
By jack gleason

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM, Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just took delivery last week and could not be more pleased. Was planning to buy a sports car...drove the new Corvette, Boxter, and a two year old 911, as well as a Lexus 430SC. Also rented a new f-150 in October so new what a truck was like to drive. In the end, I went back to Honda and took a second look. I am so glad I did. This is the thinking man's truck for those who want a car/suv/truck but can only get one. The sports cars were nice, but sometimes I have more than a duffle bag to take along. This is one sweet ride. I am a happy owner. Try it, but only if you want to be sold.

The perfect truck for a car guy!
By RTLinMD

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

1 Month, and 1,200 miles later, I love this truck! I've wanted a truck for about 18 months. But I hated to drive and ride in one. Either they were too unrefined to drive, or too big. The Ridgeline gives you a smooth, quiet ride with the refinements of a sedan. It's sized like a mid-size SUV, but it feels more nimble. Drives great in the snow. I've been a GM buyer, and never would have purchased a Honda. But Honda must have had the suburban homeowner (ie. ME!) in mind when they designed the Ridgeline. This is a perfect truck!

Favorite Features

I'm a car guy, so I like a nice stereo, leather interior and a sunroof. My favorite part is that I get all of those, with a comfortable driving experience, room for 5, and a truck bed when I need it. 17.8MPG average in a vehicle of this size is pretty impressive! The in-bed trunk is pretty cool too!

Suggested Improvements

A telescoping steering wheel is the only thing that Honda engineers left out. Some dealer accessory items should be standard, like the auto- dimming rear view mirror, nice carpeted floor mats, and maybe the tow hitch (since it is a truck!)

Jury is still out!
By marlin

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have about 5000 miles on my R-line and so far I am disappointed with the fuel economy and I have a few rattels developing inside the cab (passenger- side air bag dash unit). Overall I am satisfied with the handling and minimal road noise. I have used it to haul feed and for limited off-road situations. I would like to run it another 10,000 miles before I would recommend it to a friend.

Favorite Features

Heated Seats,Steering Wheel Controls for radio and Cruise Control, locking trunk in bed, dual tailgate access, fold-up rear seats, I really appreciate the tire pressure monitoring/warning system!

Suggested Improvements

Very Poor Fuel Economy (about 16-18 mpg), rattles associated with dash mount airbag unit