Used 2006 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews - 392 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Ridgeline

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Eight days and 2,100 miles
By Ned Flanders

2006 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy driving this truck. Where I live I have to deal with severe weather and roads and the Ridgeline has performed extremely well. I also need a truck almost every weekend and I need to car pool with adults so this truck meets my needs and did I say this truck is FUN to drive?

Combines transporting adults in style with trucking and is fun to drive.

Audio system could be better.

Good but Not so Good
By MarylandBob

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a Titan for this vehicle, Ridgeline much easier to handle and more fuel efficient. Seems well built and interior styling is good, exterior is groundbreaking. Drives like a car, easy to get in/out, locking trunk under bed is the best feature. Not so good-hesitation during acceleration, air leak sounds, interior moisture, windows and now floor board. Moisture causing unpleasant odor like old shoes. Dealer has new replacement windshield on order and others are reporting moisture problems with bad welds. Didn't expect this trouble paying top dollar for top-of-the line truck. We'll see how all is repaired.

Handling, under-bed locking trunk

Fix design problems, improve mileage for 6 cyl.

A must have for every household!!
By Brian

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had my RL-RTL for a month and a half, but I know I made the right decision the moment I drove it off the lot! It's great on the job site and it hold my two son's car seats with plenty of room to spare! My wife even likes it!

The cargo capacity has got to be the best feature. The trunk inside the bed even holds our double stroller!

I plan on buying a mid-size boat in the future...maybe offer an optional V-8 or larger towing capacity up to 6500 or 7000 lbs.

Happy Owner
By jack gleason

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM, Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just took delivery last week and could not be more pleased. Was planning to buy a sports car...drove the new Corvette, Boxter, and a two year old 911, as well as a Lexus 430SC. Also rented a new f-150 in October so new what a truck was like to drive. In the end, I went back to Honda and took a second look. I am so glad I did. This is the thinking man's truck for those who want a car/suv/truck but can only get one. The sports cars were nice, but sometimes I have more than a duffle bag to take along. This is one sweet ride. I am a happy owner. Try it, but only if you want to be sold.

The perfect truck for a car guy!
By RTLinMD

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

1 Month, and 1,200 miles later, I love this truck! I've wanted a truck for about 18 months. But I hated to drive and ride in one. Either they were too unrefined to drive, or too big. The Ridgeline gives you a smooth, quiet ride with the refinements of a sedan. It's sized like a mid-size SUV, but it feels more nimble. Drives great in the snow. I've been a GM buyer, and never would have purchased a Honda. But Honda must have had the suburban homeowner (ie. ME!) in mind when they designed the Ridgeline. This is a perfect truck!

I'm a car guy, so I like a nice stereo, leather interior and a sunroof. My favorite part is that I get all of those, with a comfortable driving experience, room for 5, and a truck bed when I need it. 17.8MPG average in a vehicle of this size is pretty impressive! The in-bed trunk is pretty cool too!

A telescoping steering wheel is the only thing that Honda engineers left out. Some dealer accessory items should be standard, like the auto- dimming rear view mirror, nice carpeted floor mats, and maybe the tow hitch (since it is a truck!)