Used 2006 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Great Truck!
By Joey Bilbert

2006 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you want a vehicle that can do it all get the Ridgeline. Four doors, a truck bed with trunk, large interior, 4wd, smooth handling, and good MPG make this a good truck. I've put 5,000 miles on mine and it has been great. The ride is smoother than any other truck out there. And the power is good, you don't have the grunt power of the V8 trucks, but I have no problems merging. And overall my MPG since I've had it is about 17.6 MPG and 80% of what I drive is city. I will have this truck for a long time, and if this truck interests you at all you should give it a test drive.

In bed trunk very handy. Seats are comfortable. The reat seats fold up, and you have space to store items under the rear seats. The center console is big and has lots of storage. Bed gate opens down and swings out. I have had the truck since August 05', and I average 17-18 MPG city!

The truck bed shows scratches very easily, that show as white against the black material. Make it so when it scratches its black underneath (I know its a truck, but..) Steering wheel makes a creaking noise sometime, there is a TSB for this though. Bigger tires and more ground clearance.

Love IT
By Te

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM, Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought from out of town dealer.Better deal and correct color. Transmission leaking first day. I returned to local dealer and Honda replaced with new tranny in 2 weeks time I had it back again.I really enjoyed the service dept. and the free loaner. My loaded Ridgeline has no more leaks and drives brand new again. I would buy another one for my wife.

nav, stereo, trunk, tailgate, storage, ride, color, compliments I get on the street. Legroom and comfort has to be mentioned also.

I noticed service dept. and dealers are not as informed about the extras you can add on???????

Honda Ridgeline
By Harold Williams

2006 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am retiring in 3 months, and decided to combine my car and truck needs. This vehicle could be named "car of the year" as well as "truck of the year". We could not be happier with a vehicle.

I especially favor the trunk in the bed, and the huge storage area with the seats folded up. Handling is a pleasure. Also, we are RV'ers, and are happy with the towing capabilites of the Ridgeline.

I am over 6 feet tell and could use a little more room for the left leg, as the foot rest does not allow for both legs to be extended equally while driving. This is quite uncortable for me on a long drive.

Fun to Drive and Innovative
By InAZ

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best driving truck on the market. I chose the Ridgeline for its drivability, safety, versatile cargo hauling, interior room and respectable gas mileage. The handling on curving mountain roads is secure and fun. The interior feels much larger than a Toyota Tacoma and almost as large as a Chevy Avalanche. There are lots of places to store items in the cab and under the rear seat. You will find the in-bed trunk so useful that you will never want to own another truck without one (it’s great for groceries). If your towing needs are under 5,000 lbs and you have moderate off road needs, this truck is for you. I get about 15-16 mpg in town and 18- 20 on the road.

Fun to drive (better than my car), standard safety (safest on the market), roomy interior, lots of storage, flip up rear seats, reasonable gas mileage for AWD.

Add automatic headlights (not just auto off) and a telescoping steering wheel. (Be sure you are comfortable with the steering wheel when you test drive). Honda should copy the “midgate” design of the Chevy Avalanche. Add two inches to the truck bed.

Love it
By JIM RICE

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a car salesman for 7 years and never have i seen a vehicle that is so (out of the box) or showed so much thought and imagination in its design. This vehicle will change the way designers will produce trucks and suvs in the coming years. Excellent job honda and keep up the prefect work!!!

Trunk in truck bed