Used 2006 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews - 392 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

5 months in my Honda Ridgeline RTLNAV
By Jeff Skimel

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM, Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove a Lexus RX300 for 5 years and we needed a new primary vehicle. I always wanted but never had means of hauling light payloads, such as plywood, furniture, etc. I wanted a rugged vehicle, my wife still wanted comfort and goodies like the Lexus. We both like SUVs. The ridgeleine was the answer; combined all we want and need into one vehicle. I love this truck. The lockable truck is beyond useful- the composite bed is a good quality feature. The NAV system is great and has already saved me time- very reliable. The rear cabin is spacious according to passengers. The drive is responsive, peppy, and fun, albeit a little bumpy on bad roads. I recommend the truck- we parked the lexus.

Lockable trunk, dual action rear door- opens from side or top-down. First truck I've owned, and yes, I do occasionally sit on the rear door, drink beer, watch the neighbors walk by and whew my truck. I love the NAV.

I think all models, regardless of whether they have the NAV or not, should come with the compass-in- mirror. This is becasue the NAV is not always on or needed. Also, a truck at this level and price range should have DTE, gas mileage, and other readouts. Finally, the incessantly locking doors annoy.

Honda Ridgeline
By Alex Eubank

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best vehicle that I've ever owned so far. It's a quiet ride for a truck and very good sound system. I love to drive it and so does my wife. It is a very stable ride especially on crooked roads.I really like the under bed trunk.

The under bed trunk, stereo system , heated seats,room inside and the looks are my favorite. Also good milage for a tuuck with its power.

Bed may be a little longer.

The Cruck
By Steve

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Ridgeline for about a month and bought it to take the place of my Prelude and my Ranger...neither of which had a back seat (for all practical purposes) for our new baby. It has been the perfect answer to all of my needs. What else can haul five people comfortably, a truck bed full of mulch, and a trunk full of groceries (under the mulch) at the same time??? It's awesome! My wife hated the looks but after riding in it and using it she loves it! This car/truck ("Cruck") is what I've been waiting for. The cabin is quieter than my wife's Accord. The acceleration is great. I would recommend this cruck to anyone without hesitation.

My favorite feature is the hidden trunk which is quite large considering it's totally hidden.

Improve the gas mileage. I get 14-16 MPG around town. Also a little less industrial or futuristic look might appeal more to the masses.

Better than Competition
By Reninkle

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best ride for a truck that I've experienced. Rear vision is somewhat limited. Turning radius is larger than expected and fuel economy could be improved. All minor inconveniences which all vechiles have some. Biggest complaint I have is when driving at higway spped 55+ there is a constant wind whistle that can not be isolated. Not too bad with radio playing but with no nosie or conversation in the cab, sound becomes very annoying.

Smooth ride. Trunk in the bed. Space in back seats when lifted.

Better vision when reversing or looking to switch lanes. Reduce turning radius. Better fuel economy. Cruise control button in odd location. Often hit light switch with leg when exiting which turns parking lights on...thank goodness for the chime. Easy to accidently turn on bed lights.

6,000 miles and ready to report
By NJRidge

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM, Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I waited till I drove the truck a while before reporting. As you can tell, I am pleased overall. The truck drives like a luxury car, it really does. If you want complaints, the only five I have are the turning radius, you can not turn the stability control off when you drop tire pressure for the beach, no trip computer on Nav unit, the bedliner/truck liner scrathes easily, and above all the gas mileage. The good however surpasses anything I have ever owned. COMFORT! i am 6'4" and love it. You know about the functionality, but there are so many little things done right, you will continue to be impressed. I still find stuff that amazes me. If gas mileage is not a big worry, buy it!

Enable the trip computer on the NAV