Used 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTS Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Misrepresented truck better than most
By rlcondran

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I rarely write reviews but while checking on an '06 model at my local dealer I saw a varying degree of good and bad. I believe this truck should be carefully chosen by the perspective buyer in regards to their needs. Mine were simple so this truck was in my opinion a perfect match. I wanted ease of passenger transport with comfort features due to my health issues. This Honda has delivered! I really think Honda missed an opportunity to start a new car segment something like the SUV's only term this one an LUV or TUV(light or transport utility vehicle) cause this is not a true truck I feel. It has missing truck features & then some better ingredients so to me they balance out. Shop carefully.

Favorite Features

Got to love a truck with a trunk! Smart thinking and it's front wheel drive with 4wheel ability. Interior layout is amazingly positioned all buttons within drivers reach and loads of storage areas. Seat are super comfortable to me on long runs a must for the lady and she loves it too! Tailgate folds or swings with lighting! Interior plastics seem durable compared to past GM/Ford/Dodge buys. Superb leg room in the rear for larger passengers and the seats fold up for more storage area. A well thought out design by the competition and they have earned my appreciation.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy possibly with an improved motor. Auto locks when placing into drive along with daytime running lights.

Follow up-Four years later
By Josh

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

60k miles later and I still love this truck. The only problems I have had in four years is the blower motor for the a/c and the recall for a wiring harness. This truck still drives like the day I bought it. The interior fit and finish is still tight and shows very little signs of wear. We have taken it on a few long trips from SC to NH this year and it has been a joy to drive. Very comfortable. Around town I am averaging 18 mpg. I am still on the original tires and brakes. No more maintenance than basic fluid/filter changes. Excellent value in my opinion.

Favorite Features

Still has to be the trunk and the dual action tailgate. The console is also very handy. I also like the power window feature (being able to lower all windows to let the heat escape by pushing the unlock button on the fob twice and holding it down)

Suggested Improvements

Most improvements I would like to see have been addressed by the newer models (STD trailer hitch, more tie downs) Auto headlights would be nice. Sunroof available to RTS models would be nice. 25 more horses would not be bad either. Not that it needs more power, but you can never have too much.

Not reliable
By Randy Gilligan

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had many issues with the Ridgeline, at 18,000 mile front rotor locked up, 30,000 mile tire pressure monitoring sensor went bad, 80,000 blown engine (supposedly from a loose spark plug) and 90,000 compressor for air conditioning needs replacement (leaking).

Favorite Features

Due to the fact that there were too many issues, I have no favorites.

Suggested Improvements

Quality and reliability needs to improve.

Excellent Design
By Tom

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a terrible GM product for my Ridgeline after testing them when my wife was deciding between one and the Pilot. The truck is solid, dependable and sturdy. Plenty of room, plenty of functionality, great handling.

Favorite Features

The trunk. We use the truck to go to open-wheel races and it's perfect for such events. Put the cooler, grill and chairs in the trunk and head off to the race.

Suggested Improvements

Better radio, make the bed harder to scratch.

Could use some improvements
By AB Minnesota

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This truck has been a good solid vehicle for me. It's handled better in the snow and ice than any other car that I've owned. The interior is spacious and the trunk is a unique touch that I've utilized quite a bit. There are two downfalls that I've experienced with this truck however: gas mileage and road noise. I've experienced dramatic swings in gas mileage once the temperature gets below 30 degrees. I'm not sure why, but my average mpg drops from 20 to 17. I had a mechanic check the tire psi and all of the filters, but it came back inconclusive. Additionally, this is one of the noisiest vehicles that I've owned as well. Once I reach 50 mph or so, the wind and tire noise is too much.

Favorite Features

Safety features, towing capacity, folding rear seats, radio and spacious feel.

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage, thicken windscreen glass (or any other noise reducing techniques) move cruise control "on" button to a better position.