Used 2006 Honda Ridgeline RT Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

AMAZED!
By Baldeagle

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought a 2006 RT from a local Honda Dealer, with 120,000 km on it - tonneau cover too. I had been looking at them for sometime; I needed a strong, reliable, but comfortable truck or SUV to handle our cottage lifestyle. Towing boats, trailers full of work materials or ATVs, etc., but comfortable and easy to drive. Research indicated that used Ridgeline would meet all these requirements. In Billet Silver, it looks pretty sharp, although some in my family think it's the ugliest truck they've ever seen! But I love it! Two months into ownership and 2,500 extra km on the clock, it's smooth, powerful, reliable, good on gas (averaging 10.5 L/100 km or 22/23 mpg, and very comfortable.

Favorite Features

Under-bed trunk; fold-up rear seats; two-way tailgate; tonneau cover; tons of storage; comfort; build quality; quite cabin; car-like ride; seamless AWD; gas consumption (for a truck); towing capability; highway cruising; it's different - not your typical truck, that's for sure! power rear window.

Suggested Improvements

This an early model - only the driver's door unlocks when put in 'Park' - late '06 onwards have all four doors unlock. That's a nuisance! Another 1" of ground clearance. Improved mileage. Auto lights; got used to this feature on GM machines. Now I forget to turn on the lights and get flashed a lot!

No Rattle and Roll
By Bill

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven my Ridgeline commuting to work in all kinds of New England weather. It is very stable in snow, ice and slush. It has excellent acceleration for a truck, especially in tight spots. It's great for a homeowner because of all the space in the rear passenger compartment and the truck's bed. The dealer installed trailer hitch and towing package have worked great on some heavy loads (2 tons). My only complaints are the brakes sometimes "grab" in wet weather when first applied and the seat is not quite as comfortable as my last Volvo wagon. The truck has yet to exhibit any rattles or squeaks in 4 years of ownership. It's versatile and well built.

Favorite Features

Good acceleration, stable suspension, fold up rear bench seats, smooth transmission

Suggested Improvements

Front seating stiff for long rides. Heavier duty brakes.

Open your mind and think about this truck
By boatshop

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm one of those who has a lot of use for a truck, but who doesn't much like the traditional pickup arrangement. Honda did an intelligent job of rethinking the pickup and came up with something that for this user, continues to make a whole lot of sense. I've hauled a great deal with it, from wobbly old wooden boats to loads of lumber, carrying 6500 pounds at 70 mph over hundreds of miles sometimes. This truck can do the work. Meanwhile, I can keep my tools secure in the trunk, not out in an open bed. I can carry long lumber and spars on the roof rack. It's awesome on snowy, variable roads, or blasting down a dirt road at 40 mph. 87k on the first set of tires. Don't get the RT--the seats stain

Favorite Features

The rigid body, coupled with the independent suspension all around, gives the truck a great feel on the highway, and great traction. In towing, the disadvantage of not having a solid rear axle to dominate the load is made up for with the excellent traction of the rear end.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the cloth seats that stain if you look at them cross eyed. I also only average 17 mpg and it seems like it ought to be better, but this is a pretty heavy vehicle at 4500 pounds. Wish I didn't have to upgrade so far for heated mirrors and better seats.

Love this truck!
By amy

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All the best features of a crew cab truck and a station wagon combined. Room for 4 adult passengers, dry cargo area, towing, sheet goods and lumber-friendly bed, dual action tail gate. 58,000 miles in a little over 2 years, it's been great.

Favorite Features

In bed storage, cargo lights, flip up split rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

I am surprised Honda didn't tuck a folding ladder into the rear bumper. It's a bit of a high step into the bed, for us short folk. The driver seat becomes uncomfortable on the long haul. This is the cheap seat in the basic model, just a few adjustments for height and length, no lumbar

Ground clearance
By Stewart Mark

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the truck for highway and town driving - BUT. Gravel roads which are poorly maintained are a problem. Roads which can be driven uneventfully by Toyota and Big 3 trucks cause the Honda to scrape repeatedly and in my case a rear strut broke. Great highway vehicle but don't go too far from maintained roads.

Favorite Features

Ride is great and handling is like a european car. The seating is upright and better for my back than any car I have been in.

Suggested Improvements

Increase the ground clearance and bring out a diesel option.