Used 2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Will Buy Another
By Chris Hrenko

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM, Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My '06 was a demo that I purchased with 2,800 miles on it--9 years later I have over 190,000 miles and it is still strong. I don't need to tow more than 3,500 lbs and do 80% highway driving, but it has handled the Colorado high country without breaking a sweat during my hunting trips also. Having driven many Lariat diesels and the like for work and play, the Ridgeline is the best that I have ever driven in term of reliability and value for the money. As a light- to medium-duty truck, you can't beat it.

Favorite Features

Drivetrain, automatic 4-wheel engagement and rear locker, handling and drive control, convenient trunk and capable bed.

Suggested Improvements

Ability to adjust ground clearance as needed, increased highway mileage.

Misrepresented truck better than most
By rlcondran

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I rarely write reviews but while checking on an '06 model at my local dealer I saw a varying degree of good and bad. I believe this truck should be carefully chosen by the perspective buyer in regards to their needs. Mine were simple so this truck was in my opinion a perfect match. I wanted ease of passenger transport with comfort features due to my health issues. This Honda has delivered! I really think Honda missed an opportunity to start a new car segment something like the SUV's only term this one an LUV or TUV(light or transport utility vehicle) cause this is not a true truck I feel. It has missing truck features & then some better ingredients so to me they balance out. Shop carefully.

Favorite Features

Got to love a truck with a trunk! Smart thinking and it's front wheel drive with 4wheel ability. Interior layout is amazingly positioned all buttons within drivers reach and loads of storage areas. Seat are super comfortable to me on long runs a must for the lady and she loves it too! Tailgate folds or swings with lighting! Interior plastics seem durable compared to past GM/Ford/Dodge buys. Superb leg room in the rear for larger passengers and the seats fold up for more storage area. A well thought out design by the competition and they have earned my appreciation.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy possibly with an improved motor. Auto locks when placing into drive along with daytime running lights.

best truck I've owned
By ridgelinernm

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had a '86 Toyota 4x4 P/U, '93 Toyota 4Runner, and '05 Tundra. I bought the Tundra brand new over the Ridgeline because the Ridgeline had just come out in summer of '05 and I was hesitant to jump into Honda's first truck. What a mistake! I sold the Tundra and bought an '06 Ridgeline RTL. It is so versatile and fun to drive. Great on all kinds of terrain. Excellent utility with the bed, trunk, back seat (seats flip up for TONS of space). We go up to Colorado in the winter to ski, I fit all of our gear in the trunk and under the rear seats, skis in the bed, and the 4 of us ride in comfort! I get 19mpg city and have done as good as 24mpg highway. Awesome truck!

Favorite Features

Powerful yet efficient, incredible versatility and storage, awesome traction control, interior comfort features, smooth, car-like ride. Under seat storage in the back seat, or innovative flip-up seats are awesome for storage. Love the trunk - store my tools and lock them up, or store luggage for road trips. Even has a drain plug to use as a cooler for tailgating! Love how the gate folds down or swings out, making it easy to access loads by getting right up against the bed. Honda innovation!

Suggested Improvements

Stereo - they didn't add an auxiliary jack for iPods until later models. Stereo has an "aux" button label but you can only use in lieu of XM by installing another device to connect to it. The trunk "touch latch" does not open anymore, I have to open with the key even when unlocked.

Great truck
By mcruzen

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a lexus suv for the RTL in October of last year. Both of us truly enjoy the ride and drive, plus the flexibility. Mileage has been reasonable and the truck has proven to be extremely useful.

Favorite Features

rear tailgate. Being able to open one of two ways is great.

Suggested Improvements

Would love to see Honda certify a diesel.

best truck I've ever owned
By avenoso

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had 3 Rams ('96, '00, '02), '95 Chevy Silverado, '89 Ford Ranger, all purchased new or nearly new at the time. All were "ok", but this is the most utilitarian, versatile, dependable, luxurious truck of all! I waited a while to see if any of the domestic idiots would develop a comparable truck. Chevy is the closest with the Avalanche, but too big and too thirsty. Say what you want about the Ridgelines tow limitations or lack of low range, this truck will fill the bill for a large number of truck owners. Get over yourselves, you all don't need a full size, gas guzzling domestic.

Favorite Features

Huge in bed trunk, come on America?!!! Composite bed, RTL's heated leather seats, moonroof, XM, and all the safety features out there (why do the domestics make some of theirs optional). I can't boast about this vehicle more, I LOVE IT!

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of anything...need I say again... I love this truck. 30,000 miles and I could see myself driving it for another 170,000!