2006 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:
best truck I've owned
By ridgelinernm on 10/21/11 09:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had a '86 Toyota 4x4 P/U, '93 Toyota 4Runner, and '05 Tundra. I bought the Tundra brand new over the Ridgeline because the Ridgeline had just come out in summer of '05 and I was hesitant to jump into Honda's first truck. What a mistake! I sold the Tundra and bought an '06 Ridgeline RTL. It is so versatile and fun to drive. Great on all kinds of terrain. Excellent utility with the bed, trunk, back seat (seats flip up for TONS of space). We go up to Colorado in the winter to ski, I fit all of our gear in the trunk and under the rear seats, skis in the bed, and the 4 of us ride in comfort! I get 19mpg city and have done as good as 24mpg highway. Awesome truck!

Great truck
By mcruzen on 07/16/11 12:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a lexus suv for the RTL in October of last year. Both of us truly enjoy the ride and drive, plus the flexibility. Mileage has been reasonable and the truck has proven to be extremely useful.

06 Ridgeline
By Steven Boyd on 10/03/09 05:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Of 27 vehicles owned in my life, the Ridgeline is the best overall vehicle. Quiet, squeak free and totally reliable machine. Needs a slightly longer trunk. Great work Honda. The new 2010 is on order!

3 year owner
By regor on 08/23/09 08:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has exceeded all my expectations. Exactly what I needed to bridge the SUV, to truck market. Meets both expectations providing you are not going to try to pull a house. Mileage on road has reached 23, in town especially in winter maybe 16. Mileage on vehicle 45000, no problems, no signs of problems and love the truck. The below bed trunk can easily store three large coolers, and nice to see the spare out of the weather. Rear seat compartment borders on monstrous. Can store three fairly large toolboxes under the seat along with a four foot level. If you are looking for a small truck, that drives like a car with great traction in snow, this is the vehicle.

Seperate yourself from the norm.
By RTLTATE on 10/14/07 09:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned them all, and if you are the average consumer with the need for light duty towing and room for five men, this is the truck for you. Not too big, not too small.

Love this truck
By Mike on 09/10/07 08:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I normally trade trucks every year. Since purchasing this truck I don't want to trade. I love it. 20 mpg overall for a 4x4 is great.

Best truck on the market
By MJM on 06/29/07 20:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

By far the best truck I've ever owned. Fun to drive and handles like a car, but is built and hauls like a truck. Excellent in snow (live in Minnesota).

06 Ridgeline RTL
By ridge rtl on 05/22/07 17:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

With 22,000 miles behind us, I'm still quite pleased with my Ridgeline. Something I had not appreciated much as a feature when I purchased my Ridgeline was the swing out tailgate. On several occasions, it has made loading bags of stone, concrete and other landscaping materials so much easier and another is of course the locking in-bed trunk.

Nothing is perfect, but Honda is close.
By Kevin Krueger on 05/05/07 21:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned this vehicle for a year, use it for work pulling a trailer. Fantastic. I think the mileage is reasonable for an AWD truck. I average 16 city/20-21 hwy and about 14-15 when pulling a trailer, and it pulls a trailer sweet. Thanks Honda.

Drives Like A Car Works Like a Truck
By CB on 04/15/07 14:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Ridgeline for almost a year and it has been my favorite vehicle so far. It is fun to drive and handles more like a car. It has been very steady on snow and ice. When driving across country, I felt relaxed and comfortable all day long. I wish the gas mileage was better for this V6, yet overall I am very satisfied.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.