Used 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

best truck I've owned
By ridgelinernm

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had a '86 Toyota 4x4 P/U, '93 Toyota 4Runner, and '05 Tundra. I bought the Tundra brand new over the Ridgeline because the Ridgeline had just come out in summer of '05 and I was hesitant to jump into Honda's first truck. What a mistake! I sold the Tundra and bought an '06 Ridgeline RTL. It is so versatile and fun to drive. Great on all kinds of terrain. Excellent utility with the bed, trunk, back seat (seats flip up for TONS of space). We go up to Colorado in the winter to ski, I fit all of our gear in the trunk and under the rear seats, skis in the bed, and the 4 of us ride in comfort! I get 19mpg city and have done as good as 24mpg highway. Awesome truck!

Powerful yet efficient, incredible versatility and storage, awesome traction control, interior comfort features, smooth, car-like ride. Under seat storage in the back seat, or innovative flip-up seats are awesome for storage. Love the trunk - store my tools and lock them up, or store luggage for road trips. Even has a drain plug to use as a cooler for tailgating! Love how the gate folds down or swings out, making it easy to access loads by getting right up against the bed. Honda innovation!

Stereo - they didn't add an auxiliary jack for iPods until later models. Stereo has an "aux" button label but you can only use in lieu of XM by installing another device to connect to it. The trunk "touch latch" does not open anymore, I have to open with the key even when unlocked.

Great truck
By mcruzen

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a lexus suv for the RTL in October of last year. Both of us truly enjoy the ride and drive, plus the flexibility. Mileage has been reasonable and the truck has proven to be extremely useful.

rear tailgate. Being able to open one of two ways is great.

Would love to see Honda certify a diesel.

06 Ridgeline
By Steven Boyd

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Of 27 vehicles owned in my life, the Ridgeline is the best overall vehicle. Quiet, squeak free and totally reliable machine. Needs a slightly longer trunk. Great work Honda. The new 2010 is on order!

3 year owner
By regor

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has exceeded all my expectations. Exactly what I needed to bridge the SUV, to truck market. Meets both expectations providing you are not going to try to pull a house. Mileage on road has reached 23, in town especially in winter maybe 16. Mileage on vehicle 45000, no problems, no signs of problems and love the truck. The below bed trunk can easily store three large coolers, and nice to see the spare out of the weather. Rear seat compartment borders on monstrous. Can store three fairly large toolboxes under the seat along with a four foot level. If you are looking for a small truck, that drives like a car with great traction in snow, this is the vehicle.

The under bed storage area, keeps items out of sight. Traction, live in NH where we have hills and snow and have had no problems, better than my previous Jeep Overland Body, has held up well, still looks like new.

Blind spots, front post on either side of windshield, and in rear. Heater air control indicators are way too small, driver has a hard time telling where the air flow is going, diagram on led is useless.

Seperate yourself from the norm.
By RTLTATE

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned them all, and if you are the average consumer with the need for light duty towing and room for five men, this is the truck for you. Not too big, not too small.

Power, seat comfort, offroad capable.

Tonneau cover standard