2006 Honda Ridgeline - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:
Misrepresented truck better than most
By rlcondran on 01/10/14 19:30 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I rarely write reviews but while checking on an '06 model at my local dealer I saw a varying degree of good and bad. I believe this truck should be carefully chosen by the perspective buyer in regards to their needs. Mine were simple so this truck was in my opinion a perfect match. I wanted ease of passenger transport with comfort features due to my health issues. This Honda has delivered! I really think Honda missed an opportunity to start a new car segment something like the SUV's only term this one an LUV or TUV(light or transport utility vehicle) cause this is not a true truck I feel. It has missing truck features & then some better ingredients so to me they balance out. Shop carefully.

best truck I've owned
By ridgelinernm on 10/21/11 09:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had a '86 Toyota 4x4 P/U, '93 Toyota 4Runner, and '05 Tundra. I bought the Tundra brand new over the Ridgeline because the Ridgeline had just come out in summer of '05 and I was hesitant to jump into Honda's first truck. What a mistake! I sold the Tundra and bought an '06 Ridgeline RTL. It is so versatile and fun to drive. Great on all kinds of terrain. Excellent utility with the bed, trunk, back seat (seats flip up for TONS of space). We go up to Colorado in the winter to ski, I fit all of our gear in the trunk and under the rear seats, skis in the bed, and the 4 of us ride in comfort! I get 19mpg city and have done as good as 24mpg highway. Awesome truck!

Great truck
By mcruzen on 07/16/11 12:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a lexus suv for the RTL in October of last year. Both of us truly enjoy the ride and drive, plus the flexibility. Mileage has been reasonable and the truck has proven to be extremely useful.

best truck I've ever owned
By avenoso on 04/01/11 19:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had 3 Rams ('96, '00, '02), '95 Chevy Silverado, '89 Ford Ranger, all purchased new or nearly new at the time. All were "ok", but this is the most utilitarian, versatile, dependable, luxurious truck of all! I waited a while to see if any of the domestic idiots would develop a comparable truck. Chevy is the closest with the Avalanche, but too big and too thirsty. Say what you want about the Ridgelines tow limitations or lack of low range, this truck will fill the bill for a large number of truck owners. Get over yourselves, you all don't need a full size, gas guzzling domestic.

Still love it after 5 yrs
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This truck served my need for a combination of SUV and truck. Nicely appointed and extremely comfortable, I've had it for 5 years and still love it.

Used 06 Ridgeline
By RTrider on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM, Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this Ridgeline in 1/09. Quality is outstanding. Have put 25K on it. Took a trip to LA and averaged 23.8 MPG on the Freeway. I would buy another used Ridgeline. Rides very smooth and is fun to drive. Easy to see what is around you and is not noisy. Maintenance seems to be pretty normal compared to other vehicles. Even had my 17 year old 115 lb daughter change the brakes in about 30 minutes. Has 67K and feels like it will last another 200K. It has no rattles or squeaks.

Follow up-Four years later
By Josh on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

60k miles later and I still love this truck. The only problems I have had in four years is the blower motor for the a/c and the recall for a wiring harness. This truck still drives like the day I bought it. The interior fit and finish is still tight and shows very little signs of wear. We have taken it on a few long trips from SC to NH this year and it has been a joy to drive. Very comfortable. Around town I am averaging 18 mpg. I am still on the original tires and brakes. No more maintenance than basic fluid/filter changes. Excellent value in my opinion.

My driving this honda ridgeline
By john wesley harding on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM, Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really enjoy driving this truck drive beautiful, handle the road and curve easy,drove it to the mountain in Gatlinburg Tennessee it handle the high hills with no problem. not too bad on gas.

AMAZED!
By Baldeagle on 08/26/10 10:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought a 2006 RT from a local Honda Dealer, with 120,000 km on it - tonneau cover too. I had been looking at them for sometime; I needed a strong, reliable, but comfortable truck or SUV to handle our cottage lifestyle. Towing boats, trailers full of work materials or ATVs, etc., but comfortable and easy to drive. Research indicated that used Ridgeline would meet all these requirements. In Billet Silver, it looks pretty sharp, although some in my family think it's the ugliest truck they've ever seen! But I love it! Two months into ownership and 2,500 extra km on the clock, it's smooth, powerful, reliable, good on gas (averaging 10.5 L/100 km or 22/23 mpg, and very comfortable.

2006 RL review in 2010 (SE Texas)
By new tx RL owner on 07/25/10 20:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Moonroof, XM, Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Since 1993, owned trucks from all the big 3. Took chance and got this one with 72K miles. 1 month later and very pleased. 20mpg on a 250 mile trip to S TX coast this wk, 17+ overall so far. Great AWD system. Passed up a Chevy T-blazer stuck in sand this morning up to axle. (yes I helped him out, thank you tow rope) Held my breath driving through 50 yards or so of soft lose sand to get to it but it went through like butter where 2wd's parked and hiked to beach. Great in mud at family ranch too. Will take this hunting. My weekend veh. Plan to keep it 10 yrs Funny, some people on truck sites get sensitive if you call this a 'truck' so so just call it a Swiss-Army Knife Utility Vehicle

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.