SWEET....Collectors Car to Be
By Roboy on
2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)
I don't understand why Honda quit making the Prelude. The profile is very sporty. It is strong,with near 200hp from the DOHC, 16 valve, VTech 4 cylinder engine. The low profile tires and the suspension system make it stick like a race car in a tight corner. Handling is superb and the 4 wheel disc brakes will flat stop you.The overall quality is what we have come to expect from Honda. The price was right for the upper end performance of the 2001 Prelude
Favorite Features
My favorite feature is the way the engine sounds at about 7500 rpm.The transmission is responsible for letting the revs happen.It is a normal automatic that has an inner gate to allow it to be shifted manually.Wind it as tight as you dare and then push the shift lever forward.How sweet it is.
Suggested Improvements
I don't have many complaints, but being a big man, hurt in the back, I have problems getting into the drivers seat. The seat has to be adjusted as low as it will go and the back of the seat has to be tilted back. I can just barely get in. A little more room would have been nice.