2001 Honda Prelude Consumer Review: Incredible!

2001 Honda Prelude - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Incredible!
By PaulG on

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a resident of Canada. I purchased the Type SE Model of the Prelude. Honda discontinued the SH Model in Canada for 2001 so my only option was the SE. The SE comes with everything the SH comes with except no ATTS was equipped. This is my first car and I am very impressed with it. I test drove the Toyota Celica GT-S. I found the Toyota to be very small and compact inside, and I found the clutch very hard to work with. The Prelude's clutch however, is extremely smooth and the interior offers a lot of room. It is unfortunate that Honda discontinued the Prelude. Its design is original and the drive is pleasurable.

The interior and exterior is precisely made. The clutch and shifts are extremely smooth. THe 200hp VTEC engine offers a lot of power. Overall, this car puts other current domestic cars (so called in its class) to shame, and the best part is, its a 5 year old design!

3 things that need improvement: (my friend purchased the new Acura RSX Type S (the car that replaced the Prelude and this 3 things have been rectified): 1) lack of head room 2) lack of room in the rear 3) more power in first gear.