2001 Honda Prelude 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - I sold a Vette to

2001 Honda Prelude - Consumer Review

I sold a Vette to get a Lude? You bet!!
By ChuckMoneyGrip on

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My 2001 Prelude replaces a 1989 Corvette Convertible. The Corvette was nice but this Prelude has a higher fun- to-drive factor. Plus it hasn't left me stranded like the Vette did. Down side is the Prelude insurance is actually HIGHER than the Vette! The Prelude was voted the best handling car under $30,000 by a car mag and I can believe it. I like to keep the H22a motor in VTEC, it sounds like a Formula One engine past 5200 RPM. It feels faster than it is. The interior is a step backwards from the 4th gen, reminds me of an Accord's, wish it had the 92-96 guts. Still I think it's a world class sports coupe.

Favorite Features

The H22a motor. It's like two motors in one, under 5200 RPM it's a typical smooth 4 banger, over 5200 and it's a monster!! Solid constuction and race car handling.

Suggested Improvements

6th gear, leather seats for US models, 250 hp and 200 lbs of torque, more exciting interior to match the bold exterior styling. It's all a moot point anyway since Honda had to KILL IT!!! Errrr....