2001 Honda Prelude Consumer Review: I love my Prelude Type SH!!

2001 Honda Prelude - Consumer Review

2001 Honda Prelude

I love my Prelude Type SH!!
By hardrock75 on

2001 Honda Prelude SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used from an owner who had done all of the routine maintenance (oil changes, etc) on time , at the Honda dealer in Kirkland, WA. The auto had 42,000 miles when I purchased it in Mar, 2006. No "dings" and no apparent mechanical problems. It had an excellent stereo (Alpine. I recently replaced the original equipment tires (205-50r 16) with 225-50r 16s and like them more. I have driven back and forth from Las Vegas NV to Seattle WA 3 times and averaged 28.9 MPG-at an average of 70+ MPH! I drove thru Oregon (US 395) which is a fun highway for a sports car and had a ball! So far, I have had no problems to report and I have changed the oil as required.

Handling, gas mileage and comfort on long trips. Car is a blast to drive fast on winding roads. It passes quickly and can stop on the proverbial dime! I own a Radar Detector (Escort) and recommend if you buy a Prelude, you get one!!

Putting an after market "stiffener" between the shock towers in the front of the auto. No others

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review