2001 Honda Prelude Consumer Review: 2001 Prelude Type SH

2001 Honda Prelude - Consumer Review

Type SH Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2001 Prelude Type SH
By OEMwheels on

2001 Honda Prelude SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I remember first seeing this car indoors at a Honda dealer when it first came out in 1997 and my goal was to one day own one(I was around 12 years old). I was in love with it. Prior to that, I really liked the 94-95 Honda Accord 2 door. I owned the accord for around 5 years. I have had the prelude since October 2008. I love the car. It's a bit slow for 200 hp and 22 mpg, but it's fair enough. If I were to buy one again, I'd go with the base over SH. Base is lighter. This is a unique, classy car not like most of the other cars out there. The main concern I'd have with buying one is how well it was taken care of. A lot of these owners have driven 'em hard. Car maintenance is everything.

Exterior looks. Interior cluster. I love the sound and smoothness of the engine. I love the way the car(especially the Type SH) comes stock. Love the spoiler the P R E L U D E lettering. I love that it's a rare car and I've had a thing for it since it first came out.

MPG. For being a 2.2 liter 4 cylinder this thing gets terrible gas mileage. Granted, it was 1997, so you can't really compare it to a G35. A little more HP and a couple hundred pounds lighter would have been nice. If you like the car and want the car, then get it.