2001 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
one nice sports car
By roblude on 03/16/02 21:30 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

its been a nice ride and fun to drive i would recommend it to anyone lookin for a nice car with good speed and reliable.

Very nice car
By TomR on 03/15/02 03:19 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my prelude. I has very good performance stock. Also you can buy many upgrades to get more power. Its pretty comfortable, sometimes my back starts to ache but maybe its just me cause im 6'3". Fuel economy is good but im always in vtec so it sucks up gas. Its very fun to drive just becareful for popo. Interior is plain stock but that will be fixed with some new seats. Builty quality is good and its very reliable. I only had 1 prob with tranny. I think it was a faulty part

The Best Handling Car I have Owned
By New_Lude on 03/12/02 10:46 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car was bought to replace my wrecked 2000 Civic Si. So far it has been the best car I have owned. The handling is superior to other front wheel drive cars. It is also solid in construction with great attention to detail. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a truly fun car.

Great car!
By NUCLRXN on 03/11/02 14:43 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love the Prelude; excellent car. I'd only get rid of this car for a 6th Gen Prelude or a GT-R (R35).

Sleek, sporty car
By TheoCity on 03/10/02 14:11 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

With its stabiliser bars and double-wishbone suspension, this car provides sporty driving enjoyment. Exterior styiling and the 200 HP Vtec engine really turn heads. Prelude is 100% built in Japan, rare these days; the Japanese assembly and parts are totally superior to every other maufacturer in its price range. Heavier body and lower profile set Prelude apart even more.

Not Sorry
By Rob Land on 03/07/02 21:28 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bulletproof, better in many ways than our 2001 BMW 3 series.

I love this car.
By David Lanchbery on 03/06/02 16:37 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just love the way this car drives. It handles so well and the power delivery is so nice, that I enjoy every day with it.

honda prelude will beat any U.S. 6cl
By robert woerdich on 03/05/02 17:50 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

people say that the prelude does not have so much torque,but mine woops but on cameros and mustangs and if you want an extra kick for $3,700.00 turbo/w everything installed will bring you up to over 400hp.

Best car that I have ever owned
By Civicdxman on 03/04/02 19:53 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the best car that I have ever purchased. The dealer was great. After the break in period the car ran better then ever.

I love it
By huy on 03/04/02 00:09 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of those things that you could really say is more than the sum of it's parts. I dont know for what other car in it's price list that can merge on to a highway around those curves at 80. I feared for my life, but she stuck it, so much g-force that my spleen hurt. Why go to Busch Gardens anymore? I just look at the car and think, wow that's such a good design. There are none others like it, in todays world, that is really an accomplishment.