2001 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
coulda, woulda, shoulda!
By oxygen177 on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, this is an excellent vehicle that I purchased brand new at an excellent price (19500+ttl). I only have 2400 miles on it and already I hear squeaks from the back of my car & the transmission is acting up, this is going in the shop tomorrow. Believe it or not I really wish I had purchased a mazda protege ES, fully loaded you can get this baby at 15k it is very peppy and has lots of power upfront. I do love my prelude though, the sunroof makes it perfect. have fun with this baby

Best car...EVER
By Cachase1 on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have owed many cars. I have owned an '87 Prelude. I sold it with 459,000 miles on it, never had a major problem. I now have a 2001 Prelude SH. I put 80,000 miles on it already. I love it. It is by far the best car ever made by Honda.

Great for the $
By sassylude01 on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

A great car for traveling or whatever! Great gas mileage, too. Don't buy it without the spoiler - it makes the car! This car definately does not get the attention that my 92 model Prelude that I previouly owned, but is definately a good buy for a sports car.

Prelude lover
By Anne 31 on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Can't say enough about this car, have had a year and am still in love everytime I get behind the wheel. The Prelude looks great and never disappoints when I want to move. The VTEC engine always delivers and the handling is superb. Can't believe that Honda discontinued this model, the world is going to be taken over by SUV's and 4 door sedans....

Like It, Love it, Want Some More of It
By nyccarguy on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've loved the Prelude since the 4th generation model came out in 1992 and then lusted after the 5th Generation model ever since it came out in 1997. I recently (4/27/02) bought a brand new 2001 Milano Red Prelude Type SH. I love everything about this car. The power is great, the handling is telepatic, I love the panoramic view. The wheels & ATTS sold me on the Type SH. Fit and Finish are top notch. The Black interior is simple & handsome, yet functional. After driving the car for 5 minutes, it is as if I've been driving it for 3 years already. The clutch is easy to modulate & the 5 speed shifts are crisp. I look for excuse

WORTH EVERY PENNY
By A on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

worth every penny. got it brand new. i "drive it like i stole it", and the performance has been outstanding. extremely happy with it.

Great Car
By ProngATO on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 5th honda. I've preveously owned a 1985 accord, 1991 civic, 1998 civic, 1998 CR-V and now this 2001 Prelude. This has been the best of all. I am extremely pleased with the performance of this car. The handling is second to none in this price range.

WOW
By silverprelude01 on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

this is car is by far the best car i could get...the power, the handling, and everything about it is the best...and the amazing part about it is that it wasnt expensive!...my advice to anyone that wants to buy a car is to get a honda prelude!

2001 Prelude
By TomW on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

An excellent buy for the money. Strong performance, points very well and handles predictably. I really like the car--its stacks up well against other sports cars I owned such as, Datsun 280Z, Sunbeam Tiger, a couple of C3 Vettes and a Jag. Have noticed that the 5th Gen Prelude tends to use oil. Mine uses a quart every 2,500 miles, which the dealer indicates is typical and not a problem.

Incredible!
By PaulG on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a resident of Canada. I purchased the Type SE Model of the Prelude. Honda discontinued the SH Model in Canada for 2001 so my only option was the SE. The SE comes with everything the SH comes with except no ATTS was equipped. This is my first car and I am very impressed with it. I test drove the Toyota Celica GT-S. I found the Toyota to be very small and compact inside, and I found the clutch very hard to work with. The Prelude's clutch however, is extremely smooth and the interior offers a lot of room. It is unfortunate that Honda discontinued the Prelude. Its design is original and the drive is pleasurable.