2001 Honda Prelude Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
coulda, woulda, shoulda!
By oxygen177 on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, this is an excellent vehicle that I purchased brand new at an excellent price (19500+ttl). I only have 2400 miles on it and already I hear squeaks from the back of my car & the transmission is acting up, this is going in the shop tomorrow. Believe it or not I really wish I had purchased a mazda protege ES, fully loaded you can get this baby at 15k it is very peppy and has lots of power upfront. I do love my prelude though, the sunroof makes it perfect. have fun with this baby

Great for the $
By sassylude01 on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

A great car for traveling or whatever! Great gas mileage, too. Don't buy it without the spoiler - it makes the car! This car definately does not get the attention that my 92 model Prelude that I previouly owned, but is definately a good buy for a sports car.

Prelude lover
By Anne 31 on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Can't say enough about this car, have had a year and am still in love everytime I get behind the wheel. The Prelude looks great and never disappoints when I want to move. The VTEC engine always delivers and the handling is superb. Can't believe that Honda discontinued this model, the world is going to be taken over by SUV's and 4 door sedans....

WORTH EVERY PENNY
By A on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

worth every penny. got it brand new. i "drive it like i stole it", and the performance has been outstanding. extremely happy with it.

WOW
By silverprelude01 on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

this is car is by far the best car i could get...the power, the handling, and everything about it is the best...and the amazing part about it is that it wasnt expensive!...my advice to anyone that wants to buy a car is to get a honda prelude!

2001 Prelude
By TomW on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

An excellent buy for the money. Strong performance, points very well and handles predictably. I really like the car--its stacks up well against other sports cars I owned such as, Datsun 280Z, Sunbeam Tiger, a couple of C3 Vettes and a Jag. Have noticed that the 5th Gen Prelude tends to use oil. Mine uses a quart every 2,500 miles, which the dealer indicates is typical and not a problem.

Incredible!
By PaulG on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a resident of Canada. I purchased the Type SE Model of the Prelude. Honda discontinued the SH Model in Canada for 2001 so my only option was the SE. The SE comes with everything the SH comes with except no ATTS was equipped. This is my first car and I am very impressed with it. I test drove the Toyota Celica GT-S. I found the Toyota to be very small and compact inside, and I found the clutch very hard to work with. The Prelude's clutch however, is extremely smooth and the interior offers a lot of room. It is unfortunate that Honda discontinued the Prelude. Its design is original and the drive is pleasurable.

Beautiful!!
By Tarun on 03/17/02 22:00 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The best car anyone can have for such a price! The handling is great and so is the hp. I would recommend this baby to anyone.

one nice sports car
By roblude on 03/16/02 21:30 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

its been a nice ride and fun to drive i would recommend it to anyone lookin for a nice car with good speed and reliable.

Very nice car
By TomR on 03/15/02 03:19 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my prelude. I has very good performance stock. Also you can buy many upgrades to get more power. Its pretty comfortable, sometimes my back starts to ache but maybe its just me cause im 6'3". Fuel economy is good but im always in vtec so it sucks up gas. Its very fun to drive just becareful for popo. Interior is plain stock but that will be fixed with some new seats. Builty quality is good and its very reliable. I only had 1 prob with tranny. I think it was a faulty part