2001 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
THIS CAR ROCKS
By oxygen on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Nice car.

Best Honda Ever Made
By GregM on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Its a shame that Honda discontinued the Prelude, it is a marvelous design and an absolute blast to drive. The engine is probably the best on the market, suspension and chassis second to none, a very distinctive and elegant look. I own the Canadian SE version which has upgraded wheels, heated leather seats , heated mirrors , and upgraded interior trim on top of all the standard features - it is a very luxurious car, very comfortable BUT when you hit the gas the Prelude shows its high performance side and turns into a monster that simply eats the road! A truly unique and amazing car! Honda has seriously erred in not continuing the Prelude line.

Fun FUN FUUUN!
By GregM on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent power from VTEC engine, will easily cruise at 160 kph for extended periods. Will accelerate to 240 kph+ top speed with ease. Very stable and quiet at high speeds. Cornering ability is excellent with extremely precise steering. Beautiful styling, sleek, very distinctive while avoiding tacky swoops and flares that plague this segment. Canadian SE package includes leather seats - heated!, heated mirrors , type SH wheels, carbon fibre dash trim is very nice! Love the leather! Excellent transmission, smooth and precise shifting. Brakes are top notch and very fade resistant. To drive this car is to have a permanent smile on your face, so much FUN!

Better than my 2000 Corvette
By Eric Armstrong on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I had an 87 prelude and it was the best overall car I ever owned. It wasnt the fastest or best looking but it had quality, reliablity, was sporty. the only thing to make this car better would be to have more power, no pop-up headlights and ABS. I sold my POS 2000 Corvette because of all the problems I had with it,the dealers and Chevrolet. I will never ever buy another US made car. As soon as I took my 2001 Prelude out for a test drive I loved it. I love that feeling and have more confidence in a car like that. The fit and finish of Honda makes American cars look like a couple pieces of sheet metal bolted together.

Prelude Love
By Brandy on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Prelude is a practical sports car - classy and reliable. It is such a fun car to drive!

Prelude Review
By Davew on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

excellent car. interior and exterior looks are appealing. Icing on the cake would be, of course, optional v6 manual transmission.

Wow!
By Luding on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had several other HOndas before; CRXs, Accords, but non had so much torque and horsepower as this one. VTEC kicks in...see ya!

Second Prelude! Love this one MORE!
By littleblueflash on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've had Honda's since I was 18. They are great cars, although somewhat pricey compared to their competitors. To me, every penny is worth it. I bought this car brand new. I've had very few (non-mechanical) problems with it. The only problem I see is that if it gets totalled I can't go get another brand new one to replace it with. This is the second Prelude I've had. It's just a great car. It gets stares, and glares when I leave someone at a light =) Buy one if you can find one!

I love this car!
By Suz on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car for one reason ~ the engine ~ and have not been disappointed. Fastest 4 cyl. I could find with 190 hp, great Honda reliability. They make cars that last as this car replaced a 10 year old Acura Integra still running strong. Great little sports car that makes you feel like a million bucks while in it. Safe, solid ride with no major repairs to date (owned it for 3 years).

PreludeSE
By JohnL on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car... handling.. acceleration. integrity... well built.. I'll keep this car for a long time. nice leather interior also.