2001 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
One Of The Best Cars Ever Made
By Robert on 02/07/09 16:46 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My dream car for years was a Toyota Celica GT-S. This last year I was going to buy a car I could afford. I did some research and found a 2001 Honda Prelude SH. I never realized I would ever find a car more intriguing then the Celica. I bought my Prelude in May and now have added 10,000 additional miles. I love it. It's one of the best cars ever made.

Love it!
By czsohc517 on 10/07/08 13:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have always loved the Prelude and its design. My mom had a third gen and I liked it, so I decided to keep it in the family. This is my first car and it has greatly exceeded my expectations. I have big plans for the car and have already done much to it. Soon the engine will have a revamp with cams, p&p, type- s pistons, etc. I have already upgraded the suspension (a little lower and stiffer) and boy, I thought it handled like a dream before, now it is no problem to take turns quickly and worry-free. And, although the interior was all black, it gives it a clean look and you can always give it a twist with the Prelude Type-S Seats (leather/suede with red stitch) and OEM Honda aftermarket part

Best Honda ever made
By Dylan on 02/22/08 07:08 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car, and it is by far the best Honda I have ever owned

Prelude=Spectacular
By J23erbs on 12/26/07 10:16 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. It does exactly what I need it to do and then some. The performance is truly a reflection of Honda's brilliance and the engine is one of the best honda has ever put into production.The h22 is just remarkable. It revs so freely (not like a wankel engine though)and it displays remarkable durability.The car is also built with exceptionally well build quality. The Prelude, like all Hondas, can withstand lots of abuse and still run like a charm. I would highly reccomend it to anyone, unless you want to use it as a family car because the back seats are lacking space, but if your like me you didnt buy the car for back seat room.

Great Car
By Gene on 06/14/07 22:07 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great car for me for the past 5 years. It has never had any issue with reliability or handling, braking is brilliant and performance very good. It even has room for two young kids in the back seat. Basically this car gives solid performance with all the little things thrown in - mine has cruise, power everything, sun roof, sports gears etc..

best Honda ever
By Erik on 12/19/06 23:09 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Prelude is the best honda ive ever driven. Love the HP, love the way the VTEC screams from 5200 up to redline, feels like ur in a formula-1 car. Good brakes, good mileage on freeway, excellent handling. very exciting car, would recommend to anyone.

what a beauty
By hawaiicoq on 12/17/06 12:56 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is beautiful, its design asks nothing of way more expensive cars, this car is elegant and sleek.It handles like butter. Just one of the great cars of all times, too bad Honda stop making it.

I love my Prelude Type SH!!
By hardrock75 on 11/14/06 12:31 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used from an owner who had done all of the routine maintenance (oil changes, etc) on time , at the Honda dealer in Kirkland, WA. The auto had 42,000 miles when I purchased it in Mar, 2006. No "dings" and no apparent mechanical problems. It had an excellent stereo (Alpine. I recently replaced the original equipment tires (205-50r 16) with 225-50r 16s and like them more. I have driven back and forth from Las Vegas NV to Seattle WA 3 times and averaged 28.9 MPG-at an average of 70+ MPH! I drove thru Oregon (US 395) which is a fun highway for a sports car and had a ball! So far, I have had no problems to report and I have changed the oil as required.

not bad
By jhawk901 on 07/02/06 09:54 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Had this car for about a week, and im pretty satisfied. Awesome handling, vtec, sportshift. I just dont like the premium fuel and the old interior.

Quit whining!
By Joe on 06/30/06 23:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Look folks, this is a sports car, and a four cylinder. The trunk has to be small, it has to be low to the ground, it can't carry four people properly! It is incredible at what it was meant to do which is move you with zest and smoothness. The handling is excellent, the engine very polished, visibility is great, and power features distinguish this car from the others. I always get comments and offers on the car. It has served me well in town and on long trips. It feels great the faster you go, makes all the right sounds, and gets all the looks. Yes, it uses 93 octane fuel exclusively, and it does so to maximize the power it produces; if you don't, you'll burn out O2 sensors!