2001 Honda Prelude SH - Consumer Reviews

Type SH 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (18 reviews )
Fantastic Sports Coupe
By iceman721 on 08/02/11 08:47 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude SH SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car is fun to drive. I have an HKS exhaust put on by the previous owner and an AEM Cold Air Intake. It produces a boomy, racy tone under full throttle but is reasonably quiet under moderate acceleration. Power is good in the upper RPM range. VTEC engages at around 5100 RPM and you'll know it when it does. Car is comfortable and you won't be seen every time you turn your head. A decade into its life span the car still looks fresh. Handling is OUTSTANDING! Gas mileage on premium is 20 City & 25 Hwy. I've seen as high as 26-27 driving conservatively on the highway. 5 speed is crisp and fun to drive.

2001 Prelude Type SH
By OEMwheels on 08/01/10 19:33 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude SH SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I remember first seeing this car indoors at a Honda dealer when it first came out in 1997 and my goal was to one day own one(I was around 12 years old). I was in love with it. Prior to that, I really liked the 94-95 Honda Accord 2 door. I owned the accord for around 5 years. I have had the prelude since October 2008. I love the car. It's a bit slow for 200 hp and 22 mpg, but it's fair enough. If I were to buy one again, I'd go with the base over SH. Base is lighter. This is a unique, classy car not like most of the other cars out there. The main concern I'd have with buying one is how well it was taken care of. A lot of these owners have driven 'em hard. Car maintenance is everything.

One Of The Best Cars Ever Made
By Robert on 02/07/09 16:46 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude SH SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My dream car for years was a Toyota Celica GT-S. This last year I was going to buy a car I could afford. I did some research and found a 2001 Honda Prelude SH. I never realized I would ever find a car more intriguing then the Celica. I bought my Prelude in May and now have added 10,000 additional miles. I love it. It's one of the best cars ever made.

Best Honda ever made
By Dylan on 02/22/08 07:08 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude SH SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car, and it is by far the best Honda I have ever owned

Great Car
By Gene on 06/14/07 22:07 PM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude SH SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great car for me for the past 5 years. It has never had any issue with reliability or handling, braking is brilliant and performance very good. It even has room for two young kids in the back seat. Basically this car gives solid performance with all the little things thrown in - mine has cruise, power everything, sun roof, sports gears etc..

I love my Prelude Type SH!!
By hardrock75 on 11/14/06 12:31 PM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude SH SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used from an owner who had done all of the routine maintenance (oil changes, etc) on time , at the Honda dealer in Kirkland, WA. The auto had 42,000 miles when I purchased it in Mar, 2006. No "dings" and no apparent mechanical problems. It had an excellent stereo (Alpine. I recently replaced the original equipment tires (205-50r 16) with 225-50r 16s and like them more. I have driven back and forth from Las Vegas NV to Seattle WA 3 times and averaged 28.9 MPG-at an average of 70+ MPH! I drove thru Oregon (US 395) which is a fun highway for a sports car and had a ball! So far, I have had no problems to report and I have changed the oil as required.

One of the Finer Things in Life
By CharlieLiu on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude SH SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Overall the car is very fun to drive and is quick around the turns. Even though the car is 30xx lbs, it sure doesn't feel like it when you use it as a daily driver.

Love My Lude
By gshhk on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude SH SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Great car!! Handles Superb,Panoramic View,Excellent Shifting,Hot Styling. This is the FIRST new car I've EVER had that did not have to go back to the dealer to get the "BUGS" out.I've yet to have to bring it in for a problem! This car SHOULD NOT have been discontinued. What a mistake on Honda's behalf. I was going to buy one in 1998 and bought a Ford Explorer Sport instead which cost MORE and what CRAP!!! So the time came when I couldn't deal with the problems of it anymore and found out "NO MORE LUDES AFTER 2001!!!" I HAD TO GET ONE!!!

Best Honda Ever Made
By GregM on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Honda Prelude SH SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Its a shame that Honda discontinued the Prelude, it is a marvelous design and an absolute blast to drive. The engine is probably the best on the market, suspension and chassis second to none, a very distinctive and elegant look. I own the Canadian SE version which has upgraded wheels, heated leather seats , heated mirrors , and upgraded interior trim on top of all the standard features - it is a very luxurious car, very comfortable BUT when you hit the gas the Prelude shows its high performance side and turns into a monster that simply eats the road! A truly unique and amazing car! Honda has seriously erred in not continuing the Prelude line.

PreludeSE
By JohnL on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Honda Prelude SH SH 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car... handling.. acceleration. integrity... well built.. I'll keep this car for a long time. nice leather interior also.