2000 Honda Prelude Consumer Review: LUDES RULE

2000 Honda Prelude Type SH - Consumer Review

LUDES RULE
By gatorfan69 on

2000 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

Just upgraded from 97 auto to 00 SH model. Base model is nice, but SH is a must for true performance. The SH offers dramatically improved handling and whips corners as fast as the driver can handle. The car has ample power, but anything could use more power. Add some bolt ons for a few more horses. Love the styling (the headlights grow on you), but interior is a bit bland, and can be unconfortabe for a taller person. Good gas mileage unless you push into Vtec on every gear. Could use a 6th gear for better hwy mileage. I have some worry about my clutch already making noise at 44k mi. But I bought it at 40k, and I don't know how it was treated.

Handling, stock radio pretty good, good looking stock wheels, good looks, smokes V6's regularly. Way underrated, huge bang for the $, not many of them around.

Swap to performance tires, had to upgrade stereo system, japanese front lip and fog lights, will probably upgrade intake and exhaust, maybe suspension and wheels. Needs telescoping steering wheel, wheel is too far away fron the seat.