2000 Honda Prelude 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Civic Si on steroids

2000 Honda Prelude - Consumer Review

2000 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

Base Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Civic Si on steroids
By speedbird on

2000 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

Most of the problems I had were really my fault (like trying to roll down the window when it was frozen) My biggest complains are a couple of noises from the engine that the Honda dealer says not to worry about. The clutch sometimes slips and makes a griding noise. The clutch is kind of hard to press. I keep getting check engine light, dealer says everything is ok. So far the only money I have put in the car is for oil changes and I have 51000 miles. The interior looks like a 1980's Honda Accord, but its built strong. Forget about the 2 seats in the back. Don't buy it if you are more than 6 feet tall. Its a Honda, but its not indestructible.

Favorite Features

2,157 cc, 4 cylinder = 200 hp. (cant beat that) Really fun car to drive, handles like a F1. Its a very unique car. It is like a Civic SI on steroids!

Suggested Improvements

Lot of mystery noises, specially from engine compartment and sunroof. I wish they built it with fog lights and a 6th gear. The head lights on the 4th generation look so much better. The dashboard is from the 80's. Don't plan on having rear passengers. NOT the best customer service.