Used 2000 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Prelude Type SH

Type SH 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (7 reviews )

SH....The best
By h22vtec

2000 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH 2dr Coupe

I love my car.Ive had it now for about four months,it has been great.When buying this car you recieve:Style,quality and great performance all in one package.I have yet to see a car like this.When i say that i mean a "non" base turbo car.Sure the WRX,Evo are quick,but the turbo made those that way.This car is awesome w/out the turbo.But im am going to purchase a turbo so i can join the leaders.This will send me up about 100- 125 horses....Gotta luv it!

Favorite Features

My favorite things about my car is how it rides,slowly and fast.The comfortable and quality leather,and the looks of her.She has everything u need in a race machine.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing i can thing of would be to manufacture the Prelude to automatically come (Turbocharged) But only the SH model.

Prelude S and SH
By JAY PATEL

2000 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH 2dr Coupe

I've owned 3 2001 Preludes... Fast cars, powerful vtec, and great styling. I LOVE THIS CAR!

Favorite Features

SHAPE IS AWESOME! I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE CAR EXCEPT THE BACK SEATS BUT I DONT SIT THERE ANYWAYS.

Suggested Improvements

CANT MAKE ANYMORE IMPROVEMENTS BUT A TURBO EDITION WOULD HAVE BEEN REALLY NICE!

Outstanding Performer
By fast gramps

2000 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH 2dr Coupe

I have used my Prelude SH as a long distance commuter (250+ miles one way) over mountain passes. It corners incredibly and is incredible on ice and snow. Seats are very comfortable even for a 56 year old frustrated wantabe sports car racer. I get an honest 30 mpg in the summer and it drops to 26 mpg in the winter (oxygenated gas in our area). The only draw back for someone my age is that it is low to the ground and getting hard for me to get into and out of--but that is why it handles sooooo great! I really love the car. If it was a convertible it would be perfect. Honda was crazy to stop making Preludes.

Favorite Features

handling in all weather conditions, ATTS (automatic torque transfer system), power (200 HP stock), seats, sound system, Honda dependability.

Suggested Improvements

A little larger trunk

LUDES RULE
By gatorfan69

2000 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH 2dr Coupe

Just upgraded from 97 auto to 00 SH model. Base model is nice, but SH is a must for true performance. The SH offers dramatically improved handling and whips corners as fast as the driver can handle. The car has ample power, but anything could use more power. Add some bolt ons for a few more horses. Love the styling (the headlights grow on you), but interior is a bit bland, and can be unconfortabe for a taller person. Good gas mileage unless you push into Vtec on every gear. Could use a 6th gear for better hwy mileage. I have some worry about my clutch already making noise at 44k mi. But I bought it at 40k, and I don't know how it was treated.

Favorite Features

Handling, stock radio pretty good, good looking stock wheels, good looks, smokes V6's regularly. Way underrated, huge bang for the $, not many of them around.

Suggested Improvements

Swap to performance tires, had to upgrade stereo system, japanese front lip and fog lights, will probably upgrade intake and exhaust, maybe suspension and wheels. Needs telescoping steering wheel, wheel is too far away fron the seat.

Best Practical Sports Car Out There
By monty0000

2000 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH 2dr Coupe

If you want a practical sports car, look no further. Good fuel economy, enough room to fit four people if you absolutely have to (but recommended for two - and perhaps a baby seat in the back.) Amazing handling for a front wheel drive car (Car & Driver says it is the best handling car under $30,000 - and fourth best at any price.) My car has had zero defects, zero squeaks, zero rattles, and zero problems..

Favorite Features

Handling (list it is on railroad tracks), and the engine when it hits ~5000 RPMs .. Music to the ears.

Suggested Improvements

Honda: Release a new model with a 260hp(+) V6. I'll be first in line to buy one.