2000 Honda Prelude Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
One Sweet Car
By bh on 12/30/08 19:13 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as I loved the sleek and sporty body style plus knew of Honda's reliability. I've owned the car over 4 years and the only thing I've done is put a new battery in it. Due to my getting older I am thinking about trading it for a Tacoma but am having a very difficult time bringing myself to do it. 28 MPG on the open road and it handles so smoothly. The paint on it still has a showroom shine but I really baby the car. If anyone is looking for an incredibly sporty car that will get you looks plus the added benefit of great reliability than get yourself one of these babies. You won't be sorry.

My Dream Car. Also My best Car
By David in Colorado on 10/28/08 01:06 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

The most excellent combination of practicality and sports coupe. My car has been a dream for the most part. I have 215,000 miles and limited maintenance. The ignition switch at 80,000 was a recall item. I didn't listen to my mechanic about flushing the tranny at every 60K, and the filter finally clogged at 170,000 miles. Otherwise, I have had no other problems. One nagging issue, is the low tires make driving in snow of more than 3" difficult and the car is very hard on tires. The sound system is incredible and the performance is very titillating for those loving speed. It's a tribute to Honda craftsmanship.

Born to be a Classic
By Chris Sullivan on 08/12/07 14:36 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

The Prelude is definitely an underestimated Honda. Very elusive compared to your Civic or Accord. Civic would be the bottom line daily driver, the Accord would be the nice family car, and the Prelude would be the slighty more exotic sports car. I get looks and compliments everywhere I go. I wouldn't trade this car for the world. If you're looking for something sporty, that also makes a great daily driver, then the Honda Prelude is definitely for you. It's fast, it's fun, and it's beautiful. What else could you ask for?

Great bang for the buck
By Pete on 01/26/05 17:49 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

Today (1/26/05) is my fifth anniversary with this car. It has 50,790 miles, and hasn't given me a minute's trouble. 24 mpg minimum, and a lot of the time it gets 26.5 mpg. I think it's a very attractive car, perfect for short commutes. My only gripe is that it is not a very comfortable car, it's noisy, and the ride is a little rough. I can last 30 minutes at a time before I feel the need to get out and stretch. I'll be trading for something more comfortable and more useful. This is flashy personal transportation that handles well. Enough room for a week's groceries in the trunk. No room in the back seat for adults, so forget it, just fold the seat down and leave it that way.

Automatic trans...bad idea
By PJBurr on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

Love the car, but big mistake buying an automatic trans. Bought car in April, trans burned out in June, I'm in my late 30's so the car is stock and I drive normal. Honda replaced the trans under warranty, told me it was around $5500. Too bad, should of bought the 5 speed

Best Car Ever
By ManoMan on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

The Honda Prelude is one of the best cars to come out of Japan. EVER!!!!

Nothing Better!
By nandini on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have always trusted Honda cars, but the Prelude!!! Oh Lord! it is a DREAM. It hugs corners like you wouldn't believe living in the Bay Area I have to cross bridges constantly. Although the Prelude is considered a smaller car the design of the car makes it possible to drive right though the wind on the briges and no more shaking. Even though it is a sports car I actually feel safer because it is heavier and the aerodynamics are prefect for driving in high wind ares. I feel sorry for those who are foolish enough to drive anything else! This is a car I will keep for the ages! THANK YOU HONDA!

Honda Lude Review
By wkaisers on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

This is an excellent car and a shame Honda stopped production of the Prelude. A great used car and fortuneately for prospective buyers, good deals are out there for low- mileage Preludes.

Once is never enough
By beartraper on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought a '97 Lude when it was new and loved it for two years. I later needed more room so I traded it in. Now that I'm looking for a used second car, I'm back. I bought a 'oo model and it's like going back in time - just as I remembered. I'm amazed at how this car has held it's value. It's a timeless design that will never look old and the best sports coupe in its class. Add in the reliability and there's no competition for this car.

FUN FUN FUN
By hotinhere on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

Fun to drive. Utterly reliable. Handles like a dream. Complete strangers offer compliments on it. Suprisingly comfortable on long trips with two adults. Best sports car for the money.